PDA

View Full Version : Converting from Real Audio

vcw
01-28-2005, 10:09 AM
Had no problems coverting to wav and mp3 during the trial peirod and using real audio8. Now I can't convert to wav using real audio 10. Have a firewall which has been properly configured. I wanted to purchase the license but now I can't convert anything. I have reinstalled 3 times the program and the codecs with no results. Is there something peculiar about ra10 ?

Spoon
01-28-2005, 05:17 PM
Nothing should limit ra10.

Try the directshow codec in beta, and real alternative.

ChristinaS
01-28-2005, 10:02 PM
What is the error you are getting? Does the conversion start even?
Are the file extension .ra or .rm or are you trying to convert real media files with different extensions like .rax or .rjm or .ram?

vcw
01-31-2005, 11:51 AM
was converting ram. There is no error. Just no data in the resulting converted file.

adaywayne
01-31-2005, 12:07 PM
was converting ram. There is no error. Just no data in the resulting converted file.

ram is not an audio file....just a pointer to a streaming audio file. Christina knows more about this so perhaps she will clarify.

vcw
01-31-2005, 12:45 PM
regardless, the file is on my computer, it coverted to wav and mp3 before the trial ended and now it doesn't convert at all.

ChristinaS
01-31-2005, 01:45 PM
regardless, the file is on my computer, it coverted to wav and mp3 before the trial ended and now it doesn't convert at all.
Probably your .ram file is just the meta file (as it should be according to the extension).

You can see that if the file size is very small (1k or 2k).

In that case use Notepad and open it and you will see all human-readable text and the name of the true real media file is right there. That's the one you need to download and convert.

vcw
01-31-2005, 02:32 PM
that is not true, the file I have is a recorded file and I know that without having to open notepad because your program provides all the data associated with the file. I went back to the codecs and it indicated that this encoder was still in beta and would work with ra 8. I used the link it provided to go back to reinstall ra8. Once i did it the conversion to wav worked. Your answer ignored the facts clearly provided. While I realize a ram file is often used as a pointer. It worked fine prior. Bottom line... the current codec provided will only work with ra 8. Thanks for trying but do examine the facts given.

adaywayne
01-31-2005, 03:56 PM
that is not true, the file I have is a recorded file and I know that without having to open notepad because your program provides all the data associated with the file. I went back to the codecs and it indicated that this encoder was still in beta and would work with ra 8. I used the link it provided to go back to reinstall ra8. Once i did it the conversion to wav worked. Your answer ignored the facts clearly provided. While I realize a ram file is often used as a pointer. It worked fine prior. Bottom line... the current codec provided will only work with ra 8. Thanks for trying but do examine the facts given.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Listen, everyone who responded was trying to be helpful, I can assure you. You say that we should have "examined the facts given". Well.....the facts given did not state that the file specific file that you now cannot convert would convert before. All you said was that it was a ram file and you had not had trouble converting such files before.

So shall we calmly start again? Please tell us details of this specific file.....bitrate, frequency, size...... to start with. Perhaps it has the wrong extension. What does it say about it when you right-click and select properties.......again, file type and size?