PDA

View Full Version : Can burn only cd-rw, but no cd-r

miflde
01-25-2005, 03:51 PM
Hi,
using WXPSP2 I can't burn a cd-r. This happens with both of my drives (PLextor 716a and Pioneer 107, both newest Firmware) When burning with the plextor the drawer doesn't open anymore after error is shown ("Drive not ready"). The pioneer doesn't show this. Tried slower speeds, but this shows the same error. But when burning a cd-rw in the pioneer this problem doesn't come up... The media is burned correctly. Does cd writer interfere with some other burning apps?
BTW: There is an error in "adaptive volume leveling" Some tracks are not en- and decoded correctly if this option is activated. With "normal volume leveling" this error isn't shown...
Any hints?
Ciao, Mike

UnexplodedCow
01-26-2005, 10:37 AM
Have you had any issues with burning since you upgraded the firmware on your drives? I've seen a plextor bork itself before....it would only read cds and not burn anything. As for the adaptive volume leveling I have no idea. I'm computer dumb in that area.

Spoon
01-26-2005, 04:38 PM
>When burning with the plextor the drawer doesn't open anymore after error is shown ("Drive not ready").

It can give this error if it is using the wrong CD drive, try removing the other CD writer form the system. The new CD Writer beta should fix this problem (if it is that), see the beta section of this forum.

miflde
01-27-2005, 02:45 PM
>When burning with the plextor the drawer doesn't open anymore after error is shown ("Drive not ready").

It can give this error if it is using the wrong CD drive, try removing the other CD writer form the system. The new CD Writer beta should fix this problem (if it is that), see the beta section of this forum.

Thanks for this info, but removing the other drive from system hasn't resolved this issue. Upgraded to V2, but same problem comes up.
Other (WinAMP, etc.) works fine and is now a "workaround" for me. When burning an audio-cd for myself I only use CD-RW's... ;) But for friends this is now done with WinAMP, like before...

Spoon
01-27-2005, 04:56 PM
Do you have another make of CD-R disc you can try?

miflde
01-28-2005, 03:53 PM
Do you have another make of CD-R disc you can try?
Yes, already tested my two types of different medias I have. These medias do work fine with other apps.