PDA

View Full Version : right click doesn't work

highfidi
01-23-2005, 02:25 PM
Hi,

I'm a registered user of dBPowerAmp. One of the features I liked best about it isn't working for me since I did a computer reinstall recently.

When I right click on a music file and click convert I get...nothing. I have codecs loaded and I seem to be able to convert songs if I go start menu and navigate to the program. Even the edit tags in the right click menu doesn't do anything. Can anyone tell me where this functionality went and how I can get it back?

Thanks for all replies and help.

highfidi

ChristinaS
01-23-2005, 06:06 PM
Hi,

I'm a registered user of dBPowerAmp. One of the features I liked best about it isn't working for me since I did a computer reinstall recently.

When I right click on a music file and click convert I get...nothing. I have codecs loaded and I seem to be able to convert songs if I go start menu and navigate to the program. Even the edit tags in the right click menu doesn't do anything. Can anyone tell me where this functionality went and how I can get it back?

Thanks for all replies and help.

highfidi
Use dMC Configuration and make sure the Windows Shell integration items are all checked, one of them concerns Convert on right click and another is for pop-up info.

Also loot at Explorer your Tools > Folder Options > View and specify that you want to see pop-up info.

If this doesn't work, there 's a registry fix that's needed probably.

highfidi
01-24-2005, 11:42 AM
Hi ChristinaS. Tried these but it didn't help. Still cannot use right click context menus. What are the details to the registry fix?

highfidi

Spoon
01-24-2005, 03:27 PM
Try right clicking on a wave file, do you get the menu convert to?

ChristinaS
01-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Hi ChristinaS. Tried these but it didn't help. Still cannot use right click context menus. What are the details to the registry fix?

highfidi
(*groan*) I was hoping you won't be needing that. Will have to look around for it :o

---LATER ---

Take a look at http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/963/

First be sure you know how to handle the registry. Make a backup copy if in doubt.

highfidi
01-28-2005, 11:56 AM
Hi Spoon,

.wav files are the same. I right click and nothing happens.

Hi ChristinaS,

I do know how to backup and save the registry. Before I do so would it be a good idea to try reinstalling dbpoweramp? I haven't tried that yet. I've had a few bad experiences just reinstalling a software over itself.

Cheers and thanks for the continued help.

highfidi
01-28-2005, 12:01 PM
Checked out the link provided by ChristiaS. However the registry is already set to show info tips as the web page illustrates. So no joy so in that direction.

adaywayne
01-28-2005, 12:19 PM
Before I do so would it be a good idea to try reinstalling dbpoweramp? I haven't tried that yet. I've had a few bad experiences just reinstalling a software over itself.

That has usually worked for me when I've had problems. I used to uninstall evrything first, but the last time I just installed on top of the old version and everything was fine. You will have to find your original Order * and submit it to get a re-registartion link.
Arnie

ChristinaS
01-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Checked out the link provided by ChristiaS. However the registry is already set to show info tips as the web page illustrates. So no joy so in that direction.
The dBpowerAMP info tips are just added on to the regular info tips you'd get from Windows anyway. So if you don's see the little yellow box popping up next to the file at all, your entire info tips setup is not working, nothing to do with dBpowerAMP. I think.

This is not the same as Convert to on right-click. This a contextual application add-on part of the Windows shell integration. This part may be solved by reinstalling dBpowerAMP and its components. Not sure what registry entry may govern this though.

Spoon
01-28-2005, 05:14 PM
Often rebooting the PC can help.

ChristinaS
01-28-2005, 09:52 PM
Often rebooting the PC can help.
Well, I must be old school. I normally reboot my computer frequently just to clear all those programs that stay resident in memory after they've been used just once and also to see how new installations "take".