PDA

View Full Version : dMC FreeDb Tagging problems

the editor
01-20-2005, 04:15 AM
Okay, so I'm ripping using the very wonderful dMC. FreeDb is giving me the MP3 tag details. However, Free Db isn't wonderful and they need tidying up and sorting out occaisionally. So, from there I'm using Musicbrainz or The Godfather to sort out the tags.
Here's the problem... after the tags are corrected XP is seeing the new information on the tags but right clicking the file and looking at the properties ID tag is still showing whatever came from FreeDB (usually mispelled etc). But then right clicking on the file and looking at the advanced summary is showing the corrected info from Musicbrainz or The godfather!
Any ideas? The uncorrected details also show up on my Rio Riot.
Many thanks for everything.

LtData
01-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Okay, so I'm ripping using the very wonderful dMC. FreeDb is giving me the MP3 tag details. However, Free Db isn't wonderful and they need tidying up and sorting out occaisionally. So, from there I'm using Musicbrainz or The Godfather to sort out the tags.
Here's the problem... after the tags are corrected XP is seeing the new information on the tags but right clicking the file and looking at the properties ID tag is still showing whatever came from FreeDB (usually mispelled etc). But then right clicking on the file and looking at the advanced summary is showing the corrected info from Musicbrainz or The godfather!
Any ideas? The uncorrected details also show up on my Rio Riot.
Many thanks for everything.
Make sure you are writiing ID3v1 and ID3v2 to the mp3. If I remember correctly, the normal property page is ID3v1 and the advanced is ID3v2. This options is in dMC Configuration (Start Menu --> Programs --> dbPowerAmp Music Converter --> Configuration) and click tagging options.

Spoon
01-20-2005, 02:18 PM
dMC will write an Ape2 tag and id3v1 by default, those programs you mentioned will not know about ape tags.

the editor
01-24-2005, 06:26 AM
many Thanks
This has sorted it.