PDA

View Full Version : PocketPc control

TomG
01-19-2005, 08:22 PM
I downloaded Dbpoweramp a few days ago and like it very much. Not as big as footprint as Microsoft Media player and Winamp. It also sounds great. I have been looking around for a way to control this program from my PocketPc which would be great. Any plans to do this in the future ?

I already have purchased a couple of programs to do this for other players but they have limitations. One I purchased (Zerama server) only deals with Microsoft Media Player and the other I purchased (RemoteAmp) only deals with Itunes or Winamp. I also downloaded a free one called Windows Media Control which runs the Microsoft Media Player. These all work well with the RemoteAmp working the best but it does take up 8Meg just sitting around controlling Winamp not including the 16meg Winamp 5. Overkill for playing just MP3's. Looking at Dbpoweramp it only looks like it takes up around 3Meg. Big difference there.

I guess if I was wishing I would like to have a small footprint program like DBpoweramp that can I can have multiple copies running (max 4) with each copy outputing to a different USB sound card. Each of these copies can be accessed by a Wifi PocketPc with a skin with large buttons (no need to use the pen) so each copy running can be controlled by a PocketPc from a different room of the house. I did say I was wishing ;) .. Still being able to control just one copy with a PocketPc would be a start.

I have already tried multiple outputs by having one PocketPc running RemoteAmp and controlling Winamp using one USB output device and another PocketPc running the Zerama and Microsoft media player to another USB output device and at the same time using DBpoweramp to output to the computer speakers. Takes up a lot of memory but still works on a 2.4gh Pent machine. A all in one package with a skinable interface would be ideal.

Thanks for reading,
Tom G :)