PDA

View Full Version : dMC popup gives wrong data

Gerry Hill
01-18-2005, 12:57 PM
I've had dMC Release 10.1 installed for a year or so, and got used to seing the playing time and compression data in the popup.
Now I've just installed the dBpowerAMP player Release 2 and the popup data is wrong. Playing time is 2 to 4 times the actual length, and the the compression ratio is also 2 to 4 times as great. Bitrates are the opposite - much lower than shown in the ID tag.

I'm running XP Pro on a Dell PIV laptop. I've installed dBA to the same subdirectory as dMC, but it's gone into its own subdirectory off there, so surely shouldn't cause any problems. Can anyone help, please?
TIA
Gerry

ChristinaS
01-18-2005, 01:20 PM
I've had dMC Release 10.1 installed for a year or so, and got used to seing the playing time and compression data in the popup.
Now I've just installed the dBpowerAMP player Release 2 and the popup data is wrong. Playing time is 2 to 4 times the actual length, and the the compression ratio is also 2 to 4 times as great. Bitrates are the opposite - much lower than shown in the ID tag.

I'm running XP Pro on a Dell PIV laptop. I've installed dBA to the same subdirectory as dMC, but it's gone into its own subdirectory off there, so surely shouldn't cause any problems. Can anyone help, please?
TIA
Gerry
Do you mean that installing dAP has modified the way the pop-up information is shown? That is supposed to come from dMC, not dAP.

Perhpas you may need to also install the latest dMC.

Spoon
01-18-2005, 04:46 PM
What type of audio files?

Gerry Hill
01-20-2005, 09:35 AM
Do you mean that installing dAP has modified the way the pop-up information is shown? That is supposed to come from dMC, not dAP.

Perhpas you may need to also install the latest dMC.

Yes, installing dAP changed the values dMC was showing.
BUT your suggestion was right, thanks very much. Latest version installed, problem solved! :komisch9:

Gerry Hill
01-20-2005, 09:36 AM
What type of audio files?
mp3
But see reply to ChristinaS - it's fixed now. :o