PDA

View Full Version : Issue with music converter

tka
01-16-2005, 11:21 PM
I seem to have a weird problem with the file selector utility and music conversion:

After I select the parent folder for my .ape files, I see in "Check names" that it seems to have selected each file to convert TWICE! And when i start converting, it actually looks like it converts eachone of them 2 times, presumably overwriting the first one. I just tried it with about 80 files and it shows 160 files being converted and of course it takes forever!

What am I doing wrong here?

LtData
01-16-2005, 11:48 PM
Are you applying any DSP effects?

tka
01-17-2005, 01:33 AM
No, just the conversion from ape to mp3 with "alt preset extreme". I could post an example for a single album if i could figure out how to post it (cut/paste or drag it doesn't work).

ChristinaS
01-17-2005, 02:08 AM
I seem to have a weird problem with the file selector utility and music conversion:

After I select the parent folder for my .ape files, I see in "Check names" that it seems to have selected each file to convert TWICE! And when i start converting, it actually looks like it converts eachone of them 2 times, presumably overwriting the first one. I just tried it with about 80 files and it shows 160 files being converted and of course it takes forever!

What am I doing wrong here?
Maybe I'm having a senior moment here, but where do you have "Check names" anywhere in dMC File Selector, or anywhere at all for that matter?

In any case, where is the conversion output being directed? is it to the same folder as the originals? Then you will end up having the names appearing twice, except they have different extensions. If you select all again, then you'll have the files being converted twice, presumably first from ape to mp3 and then again from mp3 to mp3. Or I'm really not understanding your problem ( which wouldn't surprise me one bit :D )

tka
01-17-2005, 02:26 AM
I guess that's what you get when you do stuff from memory, it is not "Check names" but it is called "Rename Files" on the Music Converter window. And no, I am not putting it into the same folder.

I have selected one album with 27 tracks, but it shows in the Music Converter window "Converting 54 files to MP3" and when i click on "Rename Files" i see that it seems to selected every track twice. And it does that even if i just click on the album folder rather than the overall folder.

Any pointers?

ChristinaS
01-17-2005, 02:40 AM
I guess that's what you get when you do stuff from memory, it is not "Check names" but it is called "Rename Files" on the Music Converter window. And no, I am not putting it into the same folder.

I have selected one album with 27 tracks, but it shows in the Music Converter window "Converting 54 files to MP3" and when i click on "Rename Files" i see that it seems to selected every track twice. And it does that even if i just click on the album folder rather than the overall folder.

Any pointers?
So your'e using dMC File selector but in fact you are ripping an audio cd?

Why not us dMC Audio CD Input instead? And just as a thought, in case this is what happens, is dMC Audio CD Input configured to start ripping the cd automatically upon inserting the CD? because if this is the case, then dMC File Selector might provide one set of tracks to rip and convert and dMC Audio CD Input may provide the second set.

tka
01-17-2005, 03:12 AM
No, I have my music on my hardrive in .ape format. just wanted to batch transcode to mp3 and I have no idea why everything i try to do shows twice as many file to convert as there really are.

ChristinaS
01-17-2005, 03:28 AM
In that case, sorry, no idea.

jdunn
01-17-2005, 06:30 AM
URGHENT .........I AM HAVING A PROBLEM BEING THAT I HAVE COPIED ALL MY MUSIC TO THE COMPUTER BUT WHEN I COPY TO THE MP3 PLAYER IT SAYS THAT IS DOESTN COPY WMA FILES,ONLY MP3 FILES BUT I DONT NO HOW TO CONVERT THEM INTO MP3 FILES.

PLEASE HELP

J X :komisch9: :(

adaywayne
01-17-2005, 12:06 PM
No, I have my music on my hardrive in .ape format. just wanted to batch transcode to mp3 and I have no idea why everything i try to do shows twice as many file to convert as there really are.

Did you search your hard-drive for one of the files to see if there are, indeed, duplicates?

tka
01-17-2005, 01:13 PM
Yes, I did that but there is only one copy per file. The "Rename Files" screen shows basically the album once in full and then starts again at the top to show it a second time. Same path, file name etc. I tried different folders, deleted folder and ripped CD again, all with no change, still getting the "doubler" effect!

adaywayne
01-17-2005, 02:40 PM
Yes, I did that but there is only one copy per file. The "Rename Files" screen shows basically the album once in full and then starts again at the top to show it a second time. Same path, file name etc. I tried different folders, deleted folder and ripped CD again, all with no change, still getting the "doubler" effect!

I have tried all sorts of ways to duplicate this , without success! If I were you, I would simply uninstall and reinstall DMC and see if that solves the problem. It will take nor more than 10 to 15 minutes.

Spoon
01-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Using Release 11 of music converter?

ChristinaS
01-17-2005, 03:51 PM
URGHENT .........I AM HAVING A PROBLEM BEING THAT I HAVE COPIED ALL MY MUSIC TO THE COMPUTER BUT WHEN I COPY TO THE MP3 PLAYER IT SAYS THAT IS DOESTN COPY WMA FILES,ONLY MP3 FILES BUT I DONT NO HOW TO CONVERT THEM INTO MP3 FILES.

PLEASE HELP

J X :komisch9: :(
The registered version of dBpowerAMP Music Converter ( http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm ) with the PowerPack and the Windows Media codecs ( http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm ) and Windows Media Player, can convert wma files to mp3. Please start from there.

tka
01-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Yes, I am using release 11. Uninstalled everything and re-installed it again, getting the exact same result. Is it possible that dbpoweramp somehow treats a single file as 2 files due to the embedded apev2 and id3 tags? Really have no clue, just wondering.

Can anybody tell me how to post a screenshot here, maybe that would tell somebody what's happening?

Thanks for all the help!

Spoon
01-18-2005, 04:48 PM
It might be finding a playlist and using that as well.

tka
01-18-2005, 10:21 PM
yes, that's possible, there are playlists in each folder. how can i prevent it from doing that? the problem is that now it converts every file twice and it takes forever!

LtData
01-18-2005, 10:40 PM
yes, that's possible, there are playlists in each folder. how can i prevent it from doing that? the problem is that now it converts every file twice and it takes forever!
I think you unselect the playlist formats from the Converting menu.

tka
01-19-2005, 12:27 AM
Thank you, that did the trick!