PDA

View Full Version : "The file 'D:\Goljan\Goljan Live\Day 1\1Cell injury1.mp3'" could not be opened.

valgmedatyahoo
01-15-2005, 08:29 PM
I have been trying to convert some study files that are in mp3 format but they aren't playing on my mp3 player, but they are showing. I thought it may be cause they they dont have stereo bit rate all others that play do. This one says mono after the bitrate instead of stereo. The file 'D:\Goljan\Goljan Live\Day 1\1Cell injury1.mp3' could not be opened. This is the error msg I am getting trying to convert the file to listen on my mp3 player. Please assist so i can listen to this on my mp3 player.

LtData
01-15-2005, 08:53 PM
First, can you Test Convert your file? Select "Test Conversion (no write)" from the codec list. If it fails, dMC cannot read your source file.
Is your mp3 file 24-bit or 16-bit? How many channels? What is its bitrate? How big is it? (dMC has a problem with very large mp3 files)

valgmedatyahoo
01-16-2005, 03:22 PM
The same error message appeared when I tried the test. I can't see anything more on the bitrate then mono and other info is MPEG Layer 3. 8.5 mB and Format 0kbits/s.

ChristinaS
01-16-2005, 03:27 PM
The same error message appeared when I tried the test. I can't see anything more on the bitrate then mono and other info is MPEG Layer 3. 8.5 mB and Format 0kbits/s.
0 kbits/s ? that's kind of odd. Maybe it's reporting it wrong, since obviously the file deos have somehting in it at 8.8MB.

Can the file be played in a player like WIndows Media Player?

valgmedatyahoo
01-16-2005, 04:13 PM
Yes it can be played and even shows up in my Rio Cali 256 mp3 player but doesnt play :(

ChristinaS
01-16-2005, 04:31 PM
Yes it can be played and even shows up in my Rio Cali 256 mp3 player but doesnt play :(
It will show in your Rio player ebcause of the file extension, it doesn't mean it can be played by it.

If Windows Media Player can play the file, what are the file attributes as detected by WMP? File > Properties

valgmedatyahoo
01-16-2005, 04:50 PM
All thats different then above is Length 49:26 Media type: Audio
Audio codec: MPEG Audio Decoder

ChristinaS
01-16-2005, 05:06 PM
All thats different then above is Length 49:26 Media type: Audio
Audio codec: MPEG Audio Decoder
It doesn't say for Audio Codec: MPEG Audio Layer-3 ?
Then it's not an mp3 proper.

Let's go back to the source of this file. What created it?

valgmedatyahoo
01-16-2005, 06:03 PM
I dont know. Do you all have a tech support 800 * this process is quite lengthy

LtData
01-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Actually, Spoon is really the only employee of Illustrate. Those of us with "dbPowerAmp Staff" are just people that help out in the forums. So no, there is no formal tech support other than these forums.

ChristinaS
01-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Oh, dear, impatient after only 5 posts? :D

We have various forms of communication. They all involve you doing difefrent things to try various hypotheses. There is never a one-size-fits-all answer with problems like this.

Well, there is actually, in the FAQ: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5362