PDA

View Full Version : Getting background music.

nsx-r
01-10-2005, 10:48 PM
1) Is there a software or a way to extract background music ?

2) How do I convert from videos from .3gp to MPEG ?

Thanks if anyone can help me with this.

LtData
01-10-2005, 10:51 PM
You can use Auxiliary Input to record the background music as it plays.

Currently dbPowerAmp cannot convert videos, only audio. However, it can rip audio out of some video formats.

ChristinaS
01-10-2005, 10:53 PM

Thanks if anyone can help me with this.
What kind of background music are you talking about? from a game, a movie on your pc or a website? You can always use dMC Auxliairy Input to record what is being played through your soundcard if cannot isolate the source of audio as a separate file.

dBpowerAMP does not deal with video.

nsx-r
01-17-2005, 01:55 AM
The sound is just like, say a certain MP3 having this special effect but is with a singer sound. How do I seperate this sound into 2. Cos' I want the sound effect but not the singer voice.

ChristinaS
01-17-2005, 01:59 AM
Oh, you want a sort of karaoke music file then. It probably won't be all that good starting with an .mp3, but in any case there is a DSP effect that strips or reduces the vocals in an audio file. You must have the PowerPack in order to use DSP effects.

nsx-r
01-17-2005, 06:57 PM
Hmm, okay then.. Other then that, is there other way ?

ChristinaS
01-18-2005, 01:20 AM
Hmm, okay then.. Other then that, is there other way ?
Not likely, especially when you yourself cannnot explain what it is you want.

nsx-r
01-18-2005, 01:24 AM
Not likely, especially when you yourself cannnot explain what it is you want.

Ok, got you.. If only I know where to upload music files, maybe can clear up what I want to say.

nsx-r
01-20-2005, 07:17 AM
BTW, Which internet site can upload sound files on it ? Mostly what I found can upload pics only.

ChristinaS
01-20-2005, 09:11 AM
BTW, Which internet site can upload sound files on it ? Mostly what I found can upload pics only.
Do you mean which internet webhosting service can provide web space where you can have sound files? And do you also mean a free service?

nsx-r
01-21-2005, 08:02 AM
Ohh.. Is a web hosting.. I thought there are website like Yahoo photos. That can upload ur music. Anyway, can I have the URL for the web hosting ?

ChristinaS
01-21-2005, 10:53 AM
Ohh.. Is a web hosting.. I thought there are website like Yahoo photos. That can upload ur music. Anyway, can I have the URL for the web hosting ?
Well, that's just it. You'll not get much in the way of free web hosting that allows media files since they are rather large, thus mean large bandwidth usage which will impose a heavy load on the server. Any that I know may allow files no larger than 250K, which ends up meaning either only midi files or very, very lo-fi other audio types. A typical 3 minute mp3 file at 128kbps will occupy about 3MB - so that's out.

There are other considerations. If the audio files are not your own creations (i.e.compositions) you will be breaking copyright laws if you post something not belonging to you on the web. All web hosting providers warn against this in their Terms of Service Agreement and will take down your site if they notice copyright infringement.

So if all you want is to store music on the web for you and your pals to listen to, that's not a good idea in general.

If on the other hand it's your own compositions, there are many web services, lots of them free, that give you space and tools to showcase your music on the web. Once such venue is www.acidplanet.com .