PDA

View Full Version : Can't Find Downloaded Codec

gallagher419
12-31-2004, 10:24 AM
Hi all I'm new to this site and to dbPoweramp I have just downloaded an AAC codec in dbPoweramp and I cannot find it anywhere. I've looked in the Music converter and the audio CD input. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ChristinaS
12-31-2004, 12:38 PM
Hi all I'm new to this site and to dbPoweramp I have just downloaded an AAC codec in dbPoweramp and I cannot find it anywhere. I've looked in the Music converter and the audio CD input. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
You mean you downlaoded it, saved it but did not proceed with the installation and now you can't find where you downloaded it? or downloaded and installed right away and it's not showing anywhere?

Downloads usually go the the same folder where you saved the last download you've done. If you always save to the same folder without changes, that would be My Documents\My downloads or whatever the defaults is.

If you downloaded AND installed and now you don't find the coec in the list of installed codecs, where did you install it? You should installa to the asme folder wheer you perviously installed all the other dBpowerAMP components. If you allowed the programs to install to their default locations, that would be C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP . If you installed anywhere else, you should redo the installation and use the default location.

Another thing is that you often need administrator priviledges on your computer to install or run some programs.