PDA

View Full Version : WINE + Audio CD Input : HELP Needed !!

jerome74
12-29-2004, 11:05 AM
I have FEDORA CORE 2 on my machine, I installed WINE independant from Windows as the aim is to make dBPowerAmp work without windows.

My WINE installation seems to work as I can launch perfectly Notepad, dbPowerAmp BUT I can't have access to the CD tracks in the Options window. I can see the CD drive in the file explorer of dBpowerAMP but when I do refresh on the CD input nothing appears. In the wine console I have the following message :

"fixme:aspi:SendASPI32Command ASPI: Partially implemented SC_HA_INQUIRY for adapter 0"

I have put the wnaspi32.dll et winaspi.dll in the system directory of my WINE but I still have the problem.

THANK YOU if you can help me !!

Jerome

ChristinaS
12-29-2004, 12:10 PM
If I understand correctly you are trying to use dMC Audio CD Input from WINE.
I am not familiar winth WINE or Fedora core 2 at all. From Googling it it seems to be tied in with Red Hat Linux and WINE allows running Windows programs.

First if all have you ever got this to work properly in Windows, before trying it in WINE?

Do you mean you don't see a list of the tracks on the cd at all or you don't see track titles and artist name? That would mean you are not connecting to the freedb database. It won't prevent you from ripping the cd, but it will be ripped to filename like track01.... You can try different freedb paths to cnnect to.

If you can't see a track listing at all, you should click the Options button and try to select a different setting for CD Communication from teh Advanced button next to the cd rom drive (btw, you have that one correctly identified, don't you?). Maybe instead of ASPI you need 2000 / NT device IO or 2000 / NT Built-in (Limited) - but I don't know what Linux would make of that.

Also try the down arrow next to the Options button > Standard CD Player Emulation > Table of contents detection > set it to either on or off and see what works.

As I said, you should make sure all this is done first when running in Windows and it all works as expected before trying in other systems.

Please write back with any further attempts, fruitful or not, it would be interesting to see. I think so far dB has only been successfully tested in Windows environments, it would be interesting to see if it can be made to work at all in others. You seem to have already coverd a big part of this.

Razgo
12-29-2004, 01:41 PM
for those that didn't know i announced back in march that i put in a request over at franks corner to convert dap/dmc to run under wine . he did so over there : http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=multimedia

however i never got it to work 100% back then. and support on his forums at the time was sparse.

you may want to ask over at http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/index.php as they are a bunch of firendly linux users.

jerome74
12-29-2004, 02:59 PM
First I want to say to dMC works very very well under windows. It is according to me the best ripping soft available. And the fastest ...

I want to make it fully work under Linux as I am ready to pay for a dMC license but not for a M$ license.

I believe it is working well also under Linux but on my side I can't get any file viewed from the CD. It is not a connection to freedb it is just that I can't see anything. I have been through many options around in dMC but the result is the same. Maybe my Linux config is wrong but I can"t see where.

Thank you for your help if you have further ideas I would be interested.

ps . my cdrom has the uhide attribute in the /etc/fstab file : no difference

Razgo
12-29-2004, 03:24 PM
i only suggested other linux forums because most people here use dmc/dap under windows which means answers to your questions may be real slow if answered/solved at all. it's just a warning that when posting about support for dmc/dap under linux support will be almost non existent.

but yes it would be great if someone or a group of people were supporting dmc/dap under linux/wine and even better if Spoon could port dbpoweramp over to a linux format. but i doubt we will see that happen any time soon.

Razgo
12-29-2004, 03:39 PM
i suppose we could have a linux forum so all linux related posts are kept together?

jerome74
12-30-2004, 02:03 AM
Yes a Linux forum would be a great idea at least to know about peopple who made it without problem.

Thanks,