PDA

View Full Version : Can't download db converter

sianna26
12-28-2004, 08:18 PM
undefinedpink

I was given a new computer for christmas and I had db converter working fine on the old computer.
Now when I go to download db I am getting a "Not a win 32 application"
why am I getting that on a brand new computer?

Sianna

ChristinaS
12-28-2004, 08:35 PM
undefinedpink

I was given a new computer for christmas and I had db converter working fine on the old computer.
Now when I go to download db I am getting a "Not a win 32 application"
why am I getting that on a brand new computer?

Sianna
Are you getting that when downloading or when installing the downloaded file or when executing the installed program?

Razgo
12-28-2004, 09:36 PM
generic response:

These are file-corruption error messages, which simply mean that your file was downloaded improperly. Using a download-accelerator, disruption of the download process, or conversion by a certain browser usually causes them.
For these error messages, the most common solutions are:
1. Using a different browser: Don’t use AOL or CompuServe, and update plugins before using Internet Explorer 6
2. Turning off all download-accelerator software such as RealDownload, NetZip, Go!Zilla, ZipMagic or GetRight, disable it before downloading
3. Downloading the entire file without interruption before running it
4. Use of firewalls, or home firewall software (such as ZoneAlarm) can also cause access problems
5. Internet Explorer 6 can also cause problems, unless you have the most current suitable Shockwave Player and Flash Player plugins. Please install or upgrade your plugins if you are using I.E. 6.
6. Problems can be caused by your browser trying to access an old and/or broken version of the page. Please clear your browser's cache, refresh the Web page and try it again
7. Do not try to run the installer from the mailer or browser-- save the installer file to your hard drive (Desktop is recommended). Your browser should pop up a dialogue that asks if you wish to run it or save it; choose "Save".

sianna26
12-28-2004, 10:38 PM
Are you getting that when downloading or when installing the downloaded file or when executing the installed program?

As soon as download starts.
Sianna

sianna26
12-28-2004, 10:47 PM
generic response:

These are file-corruption error messages, which simply mean that your file was downloaded improperly. Using a download-accelerator, disruption of the download process, or conversion by a certain browser usually causes them.
For these error messages, the most common solutions are:
1. Using a different browser: Don’t use AOL or CompuServe, and update plugins before using Internet Explorer 6
2. Turning off all download-accelerator software such as RealDownload, NetZip, Go!Zilla, ZipMagic or GetRight, disable it before downloading
3. Downloading the entire file without interruption before running it
4. Use of firewalls, or home firewall software (such as ZoneAlarm) can also cause access problems
5. Internet Explorer 6 can also cause problems, unless you have the most current suitable Shockwave Player and Flash Player plugins. Please install or upgrade your plugins if you are using I.E. 6.
6. Problems can be caused by your browser trying to access an old and/or broken version of the page. Please clear your browser's cache, refresh the Web page and try it again
7. Do not try to run the installer from the mailer or browser-- save the installer file to your hard drive (Desktop is recommended). Your browser should pop up a dialogue that asks if you wish to run it or save it; choose "Save".

I have done all the above still not working,
Sianna Brisbane, Australia

Razgo
12-28-2004, 10:51 PM
i forgot to ask which one your trying to download? dmc or dap the music player?

you live near me by the looks of it :)

Razgo
12-28-2004, 10:58 PM
ok it looks like DMC is corrupted as it only downloaded 55kb for me. for now you can download it from the DFC club here : dfc download dmc (http://www.sensory-fusion.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&file=viewfile&op=newfile&id=2) scroll down the bottom and download "dMC-r11.rar" then unrar it with winrar or any unzip program.

Razgo
12-28-2004, 11:09 PM
i just tried downloading it again from Spoon's server and it worked ok this time. the .exe file once downloaded should be "1.84 MB (1,934,096 bytes)" in size.

sianna26
12-30-2004, 01:44 AM
I tried downloading like you said and I got nowhere :vmad:
I live at the grange here in Brisbane, Sianna :blush:

Razgo
12-30-2004, 02:26 AM
ok you might have to tell us step by step what is happening then. you get an error as soon as you click on the download link?

tell us what happens when you click on this link : http://www.sensory-fusion.com/images/dMC-r11.exe

or this link : http://www.dbpoweramp.com/bin/dMC-r11.exe

sianna26
12-30-2004, 09:26 PM
Yippee It worked I dowloaded it! Thanks to you guys here.
I owe you big time :blush:

Happy New Year From Brisbane, Australia

Sianna

Razgo
12-30-2004, 09:43 PM
ok , cool :thumbup: , and happy new year to you too!

sianna26
12-31-2004, 12:40 AM
I remeber having downloaded a few on the old computer.
Is there any important codecs I will need to download fordb comverter?
Thanks in advance
Sianna :blush: :blush:

LtData
12-31-2004, 01:23 AM
Any codec you need will be in Codec Central. http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm

What codecs you need depend on what file formats you have or use. Myself, I have the WMA 9.1 Codec (in beta forum), the beta ogg Codec, the Monkey's Audio Codec, mp3 of course, and WAV.

Razgo
12-31-2004, 01:58 AM
actually i would like to see spoon add wma or ogg or both to the default download. but my vote goes's for WMA as it does lossless and lossy and is pretty much compatible with everything.

sianna26
01-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Thanks everyone...been away on holiday :blush:
I installed the codecs I needed.
Thanks for all your help.
Sianna

Razgo
01-18-2005, 08:03 PM
glad you got it working and hopefully had a good holiday :thumbup: