PDA

View Full Version : Compilation Offset Numbers

vornel
12-24-2004, 03:41 PM
I'm ripping alot of opera's and i want to split them up in to acts/scenes.

To do this I need to have the ability to offset selected tracks by a minus (-) value. eg there are 20 tracks on CD1 of act 1 and 4 tracks of Act 1 on CD2, i can offset the 4 tracks on CD2 to be 21-24 and group them under Act 1 but i cannot offset the remainder of the tracks on CD2 that are all Act 2 by (-)4 so that track 1 of Act 2 does not appear as track *5.

This would help me alot if it was posible.

Anyone know a way arround this?

adaywayne
12-24-2004, 07:06 PM
I'm ripping alot of opera's and i want to split them up in to acts/scenes.

To do this I need to have the ability to offset selected tracks by a minus (-) value. eg there are 20 tracks on CD1 of act 1 and 4 tracks of Act 1 on CD2, i can offset the 4 tracks on CD2 to be 21-24 and group them under Act 1 but i cannot offset the remainder of the tracks on CD2 that are all Act 2 by (-)4 so that track 1 of Act 2 does not appear as track *5.

This would help me alot if it was posible.

Anyone know a way arround this?

I'm a bit lost. Is it the Christmas mulled cider, the thought of opera, or just me.

You can name any file (track) anything you want to can't you, either on your hard disc or before burning. I have done exactly the same thing with the Messiah fro 3 (4?) LPs.
Arnie

ChristinaS
12-24-2004, 07:23 PM
You need to use properly the file creation method. Look in dMC Audio CD Input > Options and click on Set for File creation.

Then select a method that includes a distinguishing mark for the cd number or something like that. You can add a fixed sequence such as CD1 and CD2 yourself that will become aprt of the file name. If you place it in the beginning of the file naming, then it will all sort properly.