PDA

View Full Version : Autoclose window after conversion has finished

DikkieDick
12-22-2004, 05:58 AM
Hello,

After I've converted a bunch of files I always have to click Finished to close the window. At my office it autocloses. I can't find a setting to change the situation at home to my office-situation. I've plunged through the registry but nothing. How can I get Music Converter autoclose after conversion?

Greetings, Dick

ChristinaS
12-22-2004, 09:20 AM
Hello,

After I've converted a bunch of files I always have to click Finished to close the window. At my office it autocloses. I can't find a setting to change the situation at home to my office-situation. I've plunged through the registry but nothing. How can I get Music Converter autoclose after conversion?

Greetings, Dick

That would be the checkbox in Powerpack from dMC: Skip finished message.

DikkieDick
12-22-2004, 09:45 AM
That would be the checkbox in Powerpack from dMC: Skip finished message.

Seems logical to me, only I don't use Powerpack. I only have Dbpoweramp music converter (dmc-r11.exe).

ChristinaS
12-22-2004, 10:26 AM
Do you have the same OS at home as at the ofice? Do you run it from a shortcut? is there some parameter you use in the shortcut at the office that might explain why it autocloses there but not at home?

Or is it run minimized at the office and the button just sits minimized in the task bar, but hidden due to the way XP handles minimized windows buttons?

DikkieDick
12-22-2004, 11:20 AM
Christina,

Do you have the same OS at home as at the ofice? Do you run it from a shortcut? is there some parameter you use in the shortcut at the office that might explain why it autocloses there but not at home?

Or is it run minimized at the office and the button just sits minimized in the task bar, but hidden due to the way XP handles minimized windows buttons?

Well, almost the same. At home I'm using XP Home Edition and at the office we have XP Prof. I run converter from the explorer-window by rightclicking on a bunch of MP3s. There's no button sitting in the taskbar.
At home I had v10, now v11, same as at the office.

Greetings, Dick

ChristinaS
12-22-2004, 11:47 AM
That's just it - there should be a button in the taskbar showing an open window - if it is open. XP is weird with this, it hides buttons. other than that I have no other ideas for troubleshooting, sorry.