PDA

View Full Version : Use a Stable Sort for MMC columns

dsieber
04-16-2002, 08:04 PM
It's a drag when I click on "Album" and I get the album column sorted, but the tracks are not in the right order! If you implemented a stable sort, I could achieve what I want, and many other things with the added flexibility.

For instance, I click on the "Track Number" heading, and I get my tracks in order. Then I click on the "Album" heading, and viola! the albums are sorted, and sorted by track number within album as well! I could also click on "Track" (the title column) and then "Album", and get my albums with the tracks sorted by track title. Very flexible!

Just another idea....

Unregistered
05-28-2002, 06:53 AM
That would be a great feature. It would be even better for me if it could read the track number from windows media files as all my tracks have the but the program/codec can't read them.

Unregistered
06-04-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by dsieber
It's a drag when I click on "Album" and I get the album column sorted, but the tracks are not in the right order! If you implemented a stable sort, I could achieve what I want, and many other things with the added flexibility.

For instance, I click on the "Track Number" heading, and I get my tracks in order. Then I click on the "Album" heading, and viola! the albums are sorted, and sorted by track number within album as well! I could also click on "Track" (the title column) and then "Album", and get my albums with the tracks sorted by track title. Very flexible!

Just another idea....

Agreed. A better sorting function is needed. I just downloaded the player and have been using it for the past hour, and that was the first thing I noticed.

-Gosub

Spoon
06-05-2002, 10:58 AM
NB the current beta version of dAP (in beta) solves this problem.