PDA

View Full Version : voice removal

trixtuf
12-17-2004, 01:59 AM
I've been checking out the converter because it is supposed to have the capability to remove the voice tract.

I want to put some music behind family videos for my kids but the option, although listed, is not available (at least in the free download version).

Will this feature be available if I purchase and can someone tell me if they have had any success with it?

Thanks for any help here.

Tim

Razgo
12-17-2004, 02:28 AM
it should be available i think at least for the first 30 days if you have only just installed it.

assuming you are ripping from a cd? you just start dmc cd input and select the powerpack then DSP effects and choose voice removal. if the voice on the cd is centered then the voice removal will work pretty well. but there maybe still a little voice heard barely. it depends on the recording.

ChristinaS
12-17-2004, 02:45 AM
I've been checking out the converter because it is supposed to have the capability to remove the voice tract.

I want to put some music behind family videos for my kids but the option, although listed, is not available (at least in the free download version).

Will this feature be available if I purchase and can someone tell me if they have had any success with it?

Thanks for any help here.

Tim
It's one of the DSP effects available in the PowerPack. Don't expect it to completely remove the vocals, it will just tone down those frequencies, so less of the vocals will be heard, that's all. It's not going to turn that file into a pure karaoke instrumental file no matter what.

xoas
12-17-2004, 07:24 AM
The Help file documentation for this effect is as follows:

Voice Removal Karaoke - remove the voice from a recording (perfect for the sing-along-type), this is only possible when the singers voice is positioned centrally between the left and right speakers. How well this effect performs depends upon how the original was recorded by the studio.
This effect (when uised as intended) is designed to work with a 2 channel stereo source (and not so much with joint stereo) where the voice is located in the center of the music.

I haven't tried the effect myself and I don't know how well this would work for your application (where presumably your sound is (or currently is) mono). I would think some other tool (like an audio mixing program) might be better suited to your needs. I do not have experience with video sound editing to advise you beyond this.

Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

Razgo
12-17-2004, 02:28 PM
all i can say is i have used it and it works just as good as any karaoke that i have heard.