PDA

View Full Version : Convert To ...AC3

TrigunXX
12-15-2004, 04:39 PM
How i can put the voice "Convert to" into the windows menu when user right click on the file.ac3??

It is a special Regedit KEY??

Spoon
12-16-2004, 01:48 PM
dBpowerAMP cannot convert to ac3

TrigunXX
12-16-2004, 04:25 PM
I'm creating a special ac3 decoder (ac3 -> Wav)

I can't use CLI Encoder

I use the example DLL on the site to connect my VB program that provide to decode ac3 files

But dBpowerAMP cannot have the right menu "convert to" on the *.ac3

I try to find it in the regedit but if i search "Convert To" i doesn't have results
After i found that "Convert To" is not a string but it is an image in the "MusicConverte.exe" file

I create it in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT -> .ac3 -> (Predefinito)="DMCConvert"

Now also ac3 files have the dBpowerAMP menu....now i'm creating a VB6 program that use the subclassing techique to send and get message with dBpowerAMP....I try to connect my program that use azid.exe ac3 library and dbPowerAMP

Spoon
12-17-2004, 04:36 PM
You would have to write an 'input ac3 dll' the dll has to stream data to dbpoweramp (rather than using a .exe).

Anyways dBpowerAMP will soon have a directshow decoding DLL, there are AC3 directshow filters so dbpoweramp can have ac3 - I will try to release something next week into beta.

TrigunXX
12-18-2004, 05:31 AM
I try to subclassing dbPowerAMP using a hook. I intercept WM message using a c++ dll.

I try to intercept "Convert >>" button,combobox with the list of codec and the progress bar f conversion but it is not easy...and i redirect the WM message on my Visual Basic application .....

milfzor
08-05-2005, 03:01 AM
dBpowerAMP cannot convert to ac3

call me stupid, but why cant it? is it a physical limitation? or is the ac3 codec covered by some sort of patent? Ive found a fair number of ac3 decoders around, but the ac3 ENCODERS...are....scarce to say the least.....the one or two that i DID find, also, have some problems and dont output FULLY complient ac3 files.

LtData
08-05-2005, 07:14 AM
If you wanted to encode to ac3, you would probably have to get a license from the Audible people. This license, however, is probably either really expensive or nearly impossible to get. This might explain the lack of encoders. Of course, if an encoder tried to encode without a license, Audible probably threatened to sue them into oblivion.

milfzor
08-06-2005, 12:31 PM
that explains it..........never was quite sure, because i wanted to do some dvd backing up and downsample the audio some on a dvd that has excessively high audio bitrates...oh well, guess i will just bite the bullet and have the extra space eaten up.....now i know though.