PDA

View Full Version : doesn't work :(

ilovepunk
12-12-2004, 12:58 PM
hi
i want to rip some cd's , but when i open dbpoweramp adio cd input, the program never recognizes the cd, not even verry old cd's
can somebody plz tell me what i should do to solve this?
thx

LtData
12-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Do you have more than one CD drive? Are you using the latest release of dMC? What is your operating system? Will other media players recognize and play these CDS?

ChristinaS
12-12-2004, 01:50 PM
hi
i want to rip some cd's , but when i open dbpoweramp adio cd input, the program never recognizes the cd, not even verry old cd's
can somebody plz tell me what i should do to solve this?
thx

Do you mean it's not reading the cd or it's not accessing the freedb database to get cd information?

If it's not reading the cd:
Click on Options and see what cd drive it thinks it's using. If that's not the correct one change it. Click on CD Drive and pick the correct drive from the drop down box. You may have to also click on Advanced and select different settings for the Advanced Ripping Configuration, but keep this step for later.

If it's not accessing the freedb database:
In Options, look in the area of Disc Title Online Database and make sure Retrieve Title and Smart Formatting are checked. Look at freedb server. It may indicate freedb.freedb.org - and you can click on Select to make different choices. The settings there very much depend on your internet connection and ISP.

Let's hope that some of these steps solve the problem. Please post back what you have tried, and if it worked.

Also give your system specs: OS, Service packs.

ilovepunk
12-12-2004, 02:09 PM
Do you mean it's not reading the cd or it's not accessing the freedb database to get cd information?

If it's not reading the cd:
Click on Options and see what cd drive it thinks it's using. If that's not the correct one change it. Click on CD Drive and pick the correct drive from the drop down box. You may have to also click on Advanced and select different settings for the Advanced Ripping Configuration, but keep this step for later.

If it's not accessing the freedb database:
In Options, look in the area of Disc Title Online Database and make sure Retrieve Title and Smart Formatting are checked. Look at freedb server. It may indicate freedb.freedb.org - and you can click on Select to make different choices. The settings there very much depend on your internet connection and ISP.

Let's hope that some of these steps solve the problem. Please post back what you have tried, and if it worked.

Also give your system specs: OS, Service packs.

windows Me , latest updates
using latest version of dbpoweramp

and thx, it works now, i changed the settings , and now it works
thx for replying, now i can finaly begin ripping :)

ChristinaS
12-12-2004, 03:08 PM
windows Me , latest updates
using latest version of dbpoweramp

and thx, it works now, i changed the settings , and now it works
thx for replying, now i can finaly begin ripping :)
Good to hear this. :D