PDA

View Full Version : Is it working??

drunknmaster
12-11-2004, 05:58 PM
I downloaded the codec to convert realplayer files so I figure I shouldn't be having any problems. Perhaps i've missed reading something somewhere. However, when I am attempting to convert a .ram to .mp3 it never makes any progress. The meter always stays at 0% and nothing happens. Whats going on?
Plz help

ChristinaS
12-11-2004, 06:28 PM
I downloaded the codec to convert realplayer files so I figure I shouldn't be having any problems. Perhaps i've missed reading something somewhere. However, when I am attempting to convert a .ram to .mp3 it never makes any progress. The meter always stays at 0% and nothing happens. Whats going on?
Plz help

Ahe, well .ram is not a real media file proper, it is the meta-file, i.e. it only give the address of the real media file which will be .rm or .ra . That being said, pelase read http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=4992 for explanations on meta-file and http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6194 for something more about.ram files in particular. Then you'll know what you are dealing with.

Also keep in mind that Real Media conversions in dMC are done in real time (i.e. the time for conversion is the same as the duration of the song) and there is no indication of progress until it's finished.

drunknmaster
12-12-2004, 12:13 AM
Ahh, they are done in real-time... That makes alot more sense. So it doesn't go to 100% until the full duration of the song. I thought that it just wasn't making any progress because the percentages were never increasing.

The .ram files I am trying to convert are audio files. I read that link you posted. So should I rename the file extension to .rm and then it will work?
thx

drunknmaster
12-12-2004, 12:16 AM
Sorry, I meant to say rename the file extension to .ra instead of .rm

ChristinaS
12-12-2004, 12:29 AM
Sorry, I meant to say rename the file extension to .ra instead of .rm
Either .ra or .rm, it doesn't matter. .ra is specifically for audio, .rm maybe either audio or video.

drunknmaster
12-12-2004, 12:39 AM
Ok so .ra is for audio and .rm is both audio and video. So it doesn't really make a difference which one I use then I guess.

Thanks alot for your help =)