PDA

View Full Version : Wav to MP3

radunn
12-07-2004, 01:15 PM
I'm trying to use DMC to convert from Wav to MP3. What is happening is that the conversion is truncating the Wav output to only the 1st song.

Total time of the MP3 is 45:30, truncated to 3:07 after the conversion. Any leads? .... Thanks

Radunn

ChristinaS
12-07-2004, 01:20 PM
I'm trying to use DMC to convert from Wav to MP3. What is happening is that the conversion is truncating the Wav output to only the 1st song.

Total time of the MP3 is 45:30, truncated to 3:07 after the conversion. Any leads? .... Thanks

Radunn
You have one wav file that's 45m30s long but it contains several songs? Are you using dMC or dMC Auxiliary Input?

radunn
12-10-2004, 12:14 AM
I am using DMC. The only other option I see is dMC Audio CD Input.

Radunn

ChristinaS
12-10-2004, 01:04 AM
I am using DMC. The only other option I see is dMC Audio CD Input.

Radunn
When you say you're converting a wav file did you mean an audio cd of several tracks?

radunn
12-10-2004, 03:20 AM
When you say you're converting a wav file did you mean an audio cd of several tracks?

Yes, that is what I mean. I find ALBW Extractor very useful; thank you :smile2: It would be nice if it worked on non-ABLW MP3s. My method was that I'd import the MP3 into Cool Edit, save the tracks as WAV; then into MP3 to burner. I reckon I'm doing far too much work. The final format is VBR; 128/256. Is this good? I think Cool Edits mp3 output is 320K.

The conversion issue is that dBPowerAMP does/did not convert the whole wav to mp3 file; it converted only the first song.

Thanks for your input :o

Radunn

ChristinaS
12-10-2004, 03:32 AM
Yes, that is what I mean. I find ALBW Extractor very useful; thank you :smile2: It would be nice if it worked on non-ABLW MP3s. My method was that I'd import the MP3 into Cool Edit, save the tracks as WAV; then into MP3 to burner. I reckon I'm doing far too much work. The final format is VBR; 128/256. Is this good? I think Cool Edits mp3 output is 320K.

The conversion issue is that dBPowerAMP does/did not convert the whole wav to mp3 file; it converted only the first song.

Thanks for your input :o

Radunn
Ok, so what you're saying is that it is a single wav file made from an audio cd of several tracks. But in fact it is several wav files strung out together. But is is even a wav file or is it one big file of strung out mp3 files instead? As a wav file of several trracks it would be very large, it's usually about 10MB for each minute of audio. I think you said it is 40MB altogether, so it's either mp3's or compressed wav's of sorts.

I think you may find this useful: http://www.infamus.com/albumwrap/extractor.html to separate the file into its ingredient individual files and thereafter you can convert them separately.

Once you've separated your file, you can use dMC for all (or most of) your conversion needs.