PDA

View Full Version : Please help with DMC and DAP.

jerry_setty
11-29-2004, 01:24 AM
I have already started another thread for this. But I haven't for several days. The link is:
http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?p=29164*post29164

If you want me to put the problems directly here then let me know.

xoas
11-29-2004, 07:12 AM
No need. If you ever do want to reactivate an issue that has been sitting idle, you may be better off simply adding a reply to your earlier thread. This will push it back up to the top of the postings. This process is known as "bumping" and sometimes, if you are bumping a thread the bumper might simply put the word Bump in their new post.

I have replied to your earlier thread there, to help maintain continuity.

Best wishes,
Bill mikkelsen

Razgo
11-29-2004, 02:25 PM
i think post "bumping" is perfectly acceptable after 24hrs? as sometimes posts get lost or overlooked.

xoas
11-29-2004, 07:36 PM
I think registered bumps are quite ok after a day or two, or if a thread has dried out without a resolution. The original issue raised by this user is a perfect case of where I think bumping is acceptable. And this particular approach for starting a new thread is ok (especially, given that Jerry has provided a link to the previous thread), I just think that bumping might be more appropriate (since it maintains the continuity of the original thread).

It did use to frustrate me when an unregistered guest might bump a thread without even a comment. I could never tell what was going on, especially in a longer thread where other users would toss in additional questions. But this situation is different in every important respect, as far as I can see. The only problem which I could foresee is a user who bumps their post every hour or so. But we don't usually see that type of behavior (thank goodness).

Best wishes,
Bill mikkelsen

jerry_setty
11-30-2004, 01:55 AM
I have added stuff to the post over the past 2 or 3 days.