PDA

View Full Version : flac codec crashed converting to another format

jaz000
11-27-2004, 05:09 PM
I can convert audio files to a flac file, but converting from a flac file to either wav or mp3 crashes dbpoweramp (winxp sp2).
Any ideas - it it just me ?

LtData
11-27-2004, 08:04 PM
What are your system specs? What is the settings for the files you are converting to (bitrate, frequency, stereo/mono)?

xoas
11-27-2004, 10:18 PM
Can you test convert your Flac file? Did you create the Flac file(s) that you are trying to convert?

If you cannot test convert your Flac file, this suggests either a problem with your file or with your codec. So try uninstalling and reinstalling your Flac codec. While you are at it, you may want to update your Flac codec with the latest beta version available here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5348. If you did not create this Flac file yourself, and you cannot test convert it, definitely try the latest beta codec.

If that does not work (i.e., if you uninstall/reinstall the codec and you still cannot test convert the file), see if you can play the file.

If you can test convert the Flac file but your other conversion (Flac to Wav), please let us know and send the information LtData suggested.

Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen