PDA

View Full Version : problem converting mpg to mp3 help

lvsprelude
11-20-2004, 03:20 PM
i was trying to convert music from a mpg movie file to mp3, but what comes out from the mp3 is twice as fast as the original sound how can i fix that problem thanks

ChristinaS
11-20-2004, 03:52 PM
This problem has arisen before and several solutions have been proposed over time, with and without dMC. I think one of the best and easiest is by using the free program Audacity from http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ .

lvsprelude
11-21-2004, 04:03 AM
thx for the reply, but Audacity doesn't seem to support .mpg format imports?

ChristinaS
11-21-2004, 04:43 AM
Hmmm, I think it does, but I haven' tried it. It requires the Lame mp3 encoder.

I myself have used Videopak (free download of Video Converter) from www.stoik.com to convert mpg to wmv and dMC to convert wmv to wma.

You can also download a trial version of Video Audio Converter from http://www.allformp3.com/video-to-audio.htm and see what can be done with it. I was able to use it myself.

Unregistered
11-21-2004, 09:02 AM
or just use TMPGEnc

ChristinaS
11-21-2004, 01:35 PM
You can check Razgo's post in the FAQ about Virtualdub: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=21

lvsprelude
11-21-2004, 01:58 PM
i've got everything worked out perfectly thanks to everyone!!!

first i used TMPGenc to convert mpg to mp3
but when i upload it to my p900 phone it won't play
so i used dbPowerAmp to convert the mp3 file again
and now everything works fine

hope this could help other people

ChristinaS
11-21-2004, 02:02 PM
i've got everything worked out perfectly thanks to everyone!!!

first i used TMPGenc to convert mpg to mp3
but when i upload it to my p900 phone it won't play
so i used dbPowerAmp to convert the mp3 file again
and now everything works fine

hope this could help other people
When you used dMC to conevrt again your mp3, did you use a different set of specs?

lvsprelude
11-22-2004, 12:52 AM
i changed the frequency to 44100 just because that number seemed more familiar and it worked out for me, but another problem arise, i have movies that has chinese on one side and english on the other (so one can choose language by turning off the audio from either side), how can i separate them when i convert it to mp3? can TMPG do that?

ChristinaS
11-22-2004, 01:14 AM
i changed the frequency to 44100 just because that number seemed more familiar and it worked out for me, but another problem arise, i have movies that has chinese on one side and english on the other (so one can choose language by turning off the audio from either side), how can i separate them when i convert it to mp3? can TMPG do that?
Those would be dvd's? I think you'll find there are different audio tracks on the dvd, though I'm not familiar with the layout of such. It's not just a single video file, it's quite a bit more complex. You may have to use dMC Auxiliary Input or a similar program, and record the audio from one or the other source.

lvsprelude
11-23-2004, 02:34 PM
no they are VCDs only, almost all chinese VCDs are like that, two languages on each side, any ideas how to turn off the sound on either side when converted to am mp3 file? thanks

ChristinaS
11-23-2004, 04:02 PM
no they are VCDs only, almost all chinese VCDs are like that, two languages on each side, any ideas how to turn off the sound on either side when converted to am mp3 file? thanks
No, sorry,

You'd better snoop around the disc contents with Windows Explorer and see what folders and files you have there. The video itself ought to have the .dat extension if it's like other VCD's I've seen and made myself. That would really be the .mpg file I think.

I don't think the mpg file itself has 2 sources of sound.

lvsprelude
11-24-2004, 02:03 AM
it is an mpg (dat) file, it has only one source of sound which is stereo, therefore sound on the left and right side are different (if they're the same then its mono), and the vcd is made so that if you turn on sound on both side you will hear 2 languages at the same time but thats not what we want, the intention is for the viewer to turn of one side of the speakers and hear sound from only one side thus serve the purpose of choosing a language, maybe this seems odd but 80% of hong kong movies are made that way (cantonese on left and manderine on right)

ChristinaS
11-24-2004, 02:17 AM
it is an mpg (dat) file, it has only one source of sound which is stereo, therefore sound on the left and right side are different (if they're the same then its mono), and the vcd is made so that if you turn on sound on both side you will hear 2 languages at the same time but thats not what we want, the intention is for the viewer to turn of one side of the speakers and hear sound from only one side thus serve the purpose of choosing a language, maybe this seems odd but 80% of hong kong movies are made that way (cantonese on left and manderine on right)
Ok, I think perhaps you want to use the program Virtualdub ( http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=21 ) and extract a wav and then maybe use a wave editor and delete one track and save the file under some name as mono, and then do the same thing again and delete the other track and save under another name. One you have these mono wav files, you can convert each one to mp3 files - they will be mono.

Or you can play the video on the pc and mute out one channel and record through the sound card to wav or mp3 using dMC Auxiliary Input ( http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5362 ) as it is being played. Pay special attention to your Volume settings for recording (how to enable the input from Stereo Mix or WHat U Hear) and the volume level.