PDA

View Full Version : Why i have this dialog when converting **.mp3 to whatever..

brucewong
11-19-2004, 08:58 PM
[Help]Why i have this dialog when converting **.mp3 to whatever..
Take a look at below-posted screenshot...

http://www.neowin.net/forum/uploads/post-44322-1100915275.jpg

xoas
11-19-2004, 09:20 PM
This message generally means that dMC (dBpowerAMP Music Converter) cannot open the file in question. Less commonly you may see this error in other contexts, usually when you are trying a conversion the program cannot perform.

To start out, let me state right off the bat that dMC cannot read FreeFormat mp3 files encoded at 384 kbs. (these are offered by allofmp3.com and perhaps other places as well). Having said that, you can check to see whether dMC can read this file by trying a test conversion. You do this same as a regular conversion except that where you enter the format in the dMC window for the format you wish to convert to, choose "Test Conversion (No Write)."

If the test conversion fails, check your dMC Configuration screen (Start > All Programs > dBpowerAMP Music Converter > Configuration > dMC Configuration) to make sure that you have a codec that will read mp3 files. Then report your findings along with information about the mp3 file you are trying to convert (frequency, bitrate, bits, channels) and what version of dMC you are using. Also, check to see if this difficulty applies to all mp3 files (including those you have created yourself) or just to one or a few.

If the test conversion works then check to see if you can convert your mp3 file to wav with frequency, bits, and channels set at "as source" (or set them to the same settings as your mp3 file. Please report the same specifics about the mp3 file (bits, bitrate, frequency, channels) as well as the specifics for the conversion your are trying to achieve (format, bits, bitrate, frequency, channels) and whether the conversion to wav worked for you or not.

Best wishes,
Bill mikkelsen

brucewong
11-21-2004, 03:03 AM
Hi man thanks for your such a long and detailed troubleshooter.
I checked up my settings and configs..i have installed all the mp3 codecs and yes,the converting difficulty only occur when i try to conver mp3 to whatever filetype and convert whatever filetype to rm!

brucewong
11-21-2004, 03:13 AM
Hooray xoas,
Now i succeded in converting mp3 to others.
After the last post,i try to uninstall the codecs that ain't natively shipes with the dbpoweramp.To my surprise,it works so great.
And thanks you for all ya have done for me
kiss ya if i were a gril...
:komisch9: :D :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: