PDA

View Full Version : MP3 to CDA?

goonatic
11-19-2004, 01:29 PM
I'm new to this lark and have been recommended this software to achieve the above.

When I select my MP3 files to convert CDA does not come up as a convert to option.

Where am I going wrong?

tia

Tony

Spoon
11-19-2004, 02:53 PM
Install dBpowerAMP CD Writer and you will get an option Convert To >> Audio CD.

adaywayne
11-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Or simply convert to wav file at the default options of 16bit, stereo, 44.1 KHz which IS CDA format.
Arn

xoas
11-19-2004, 09:55 PM
To clarify on the above. .cda is used for cd's. It essentially consists of audio information in wav format at the settings Arn listed and also has additonal information which records information for the cd player to know where the track starts and ends where it lies in the sequence of tracks. The only time you need to convert to .cda is at the time you are burning to disk. If you only need to prepare a track for burning, you might use dBpowerAMP Music Converter to convert the track to Wav at the settings ARN mentionned. Your burner program will then be able to convert the wav file to cda during the burning process.

Best wishes,
Bill mikkelsen

LtData
11-19-2004, 10:18 PM
Most CD burning programs worth their salt include an option to burn an audio CD. They should recognize mp3s and wavs and "convert" them as it burns to .cda. As xoas said, .cda is merely a pointer for the OS to know where to look on the CD for the music.