PDA

View Full Version : Rip to .wav & .mp3 at once with tags

Unregistered
07-22-2002, 07:43 PM
Hi everyone,

I've used your program with considerable success and I think it's one of the best out there.

I need to rip files from my own CDs into .wav so that I can mix them, but also onto .mp3. Right now I do this in a two-step process. However, the problem is that converting from .wav to .mp3 doesn't give me the ability to encode ID tags automatically with the information from freedb.

Could you add the ability to rip to wav AND mp3 at once, encoding the mp3 with the tag data in the process? This would be *awesome*.

Thanks.

Razgo
07-22-2002, 09:35 PM
this is easy to do. I will make a post in the FAQ on how to do it later with pics and instructions.

in my instructions I will show you how to set it up so you can convert your cd collection automatically into .wav first and then automatically start converting another rip from your cd into whatever codec you want without lifting a finger :D

you will be pleasently surprised once you see this little feature in action :D

you must have the power pack installed though.

Razgo
07-22-2002, 10:30 PM
ok it's in the FAQ now.

take a look and give it a go.

FAQ (http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=631)

Unregistered
07-22-2002, 10:48 PM
Thanks a lot for the excellent instructions! I have to try it yet - one problem is I have 2 PCs, one was ripping to wav and the other getting the wavs and converting to mp3s. I installed the powerpack in the latter; then I installed it in the former pc (which does the actual ripping) and I was notified that the powerpack had expired (!!!) even tho I had JUST installed it! Maybe it thought I had already installed it before?

Anyways, I'll give it a try when I fix this, presumably by registering, altho I haven't had a chance to try the power pack yet.

Razgo
07-22-2002, 11:47 PM
ok, well if you have just installed the demo powerpack and getting the "30 days are up" message, then only Spoon can help you there.

let me know how you go.

oh and it's always a good idea to register a name for the forums here, so you can see where the new posts are and recieve email notification when someone replies to your posts.

it is option though here.

Spoon
07-23-2002, 02:35 AM
Run this to reactivate the Power Pack:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/bin/ReactivatePP.exe