PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Burn FLAC Files to CD?

RemFan
11-10-2004, 11:05 PM
Is there a specific software or player that I need to download first? Sorry, I'm new at this.

xoas
11-10-2004, 11:20 PM
Are you trying to take some Flac files and convert them to standard cd format or are you wanting to burn a disc of audio files still in Flac format?

If you want to take some Flac files and convert them to standard cd format, you will need a program to convert your Flac files to .wav (or wave) format and you will need a burner program that will burn those files to cd.

dBpowerAMP Music Converter (or dMC) can handle the first job. You will want to download and install dMC and then install the Flac codec (from the Codec Central link at the top of this page). Convert to 16 bit, 2 channel wav at 44.1 kHz.
There are other converter programs which I am sure can handle the job and perhaps someone else might have some programs to recommend.

There are a few burner programs that might be able to manage converting Flac files to cd on their own. Apparently there is a Flac plug-in available for Nero which would let you do this through Nero. dBpowerAMP CD Writer (or dCW) will do the same (with the Flac codec installed). Other burner software may require the conversion to wav first.
If you already have a program to burn to cd, work with that.

Hope this answers your question.
Good luck and best wishes,
Bill mikkelsen