PDA

View Full Version : Quit a few skips in audio rips

Unregistered
11-02-2004, 02:32 PM
after ripping a couple cd's I found that quit a few mp3's have repeats and skips.

what to ....??

At first I found DBpowerAMP a good functioning and powerfull tool for ripping but looking back I might come back on that thought.

setup is still as the tool was installed.

thanks for any reply

lalaz.nl@hetnet.nl

xoas
11-02-2004, 07:29 PM
after ripping a couple cd's I found that quit a few mp3's have repeats and skips.
I'm not sure what you mean by "repeats". But I assume you are talking about aucustic flaws in the mp3 file that are sort of equivalent to scratches or skips on a record. I am also not sure whether you have had a history of successful rips until recently or if these are your first experiences ripping with dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC).

But what would be really helpful is to know what version of Windows you are using, and the characteristics of your computer (processor, processor speed, ram).
If you are using Windows 95, 98 or 98 SE have you downloaded and installed the system files for those programs?

You may also want to go to your dMC Audio CD Input window, click on the Options button and set your drive speed to a slower speed than maximum.

You may also want to try ripping a cd to wav rather than straight to mp3 to see if you would still get the skips on the wav file.

You may also want to check this thread which deals with checking the calibration of the speed of your cd drive(s): http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5588

So give these ideas a try and let us know how it comes out. If you need further help, please let us know about your system, about what version of Windows you are using,
and what you have tried.

Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen