PDA

View Full Version : how do I rip from my dvd drive?

Unregistered
10-30-2004, 06:46 PM
I have a cd in my dvd drive,but it is not detected,I cant put it in my cd drive as that is broken at the moment....and the dvdv drive does work as all other programmes read from the dvd drive?thanks

xoas
10-30-2004, 06:51 PM
From dBpowerAMP Audio CD Input click on the Options button. Click on the line in the Options window that reads "CD Drive", select your dvd drive.

Should that not work, please let us know what system you are using.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

Unregistered
10-30-2004, 06:56 PM
thank you,but that does not work either,I tried........I am using windows xp.is that what you meant?

Unregistered
10-30-2004, 07:12 PM
another thing is that it worked before?I think I might havre reinstalled it once or twice?

ChristinaS
10-30-2004, 07:17 PM
If you have correctly selected the cd drive corresponding to your dvd drive, then in the same window click on Advanced. You'll have to try different options there as well. For instance for me what works is 2000/NT Device IO for CD Communication and MMC for command set.

Right-clicking on the arrow to the right of Options brings you Standard Cd Player Emulation where you can select or deselect Table of Contents Detection. A copy protected CD may need the table of contents detection be turned off.

Please try different things and post here what you tried and if it worked or not.

You may also have to look at the properties of your DVD player (My Computer, right-click on the DVD drive > Hardware > select it from the list > Properties again and find the place that mentions Enable Digital CD Audio from this device and then either check it or uncheck it.

I'm afraid there's a lot of trial and error involved to find just the right combination of parameters that work for you.

Always do one change at a time and be prepared to change it back before trying something else.

Unregistered
10-31-2004, 08:10 AM
I got it now,thank you all for your help.cheers!!!!