PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Mp3 conversion

andbia
10-27-2004, 06:44 AM
when I try to convert a Wav or another kind of audio file in Mp3 format, I receive this message
"The CODEC required to compress 'filename.mp3' could not be opened.".

I have installed the newest release of dBpowerAMP Converter and then unistalled it... and reinstalled... more and more :blush: ...
I have installed also Windows Media Audio v9 System Codecs and WMA v9 Codec Release 1.3b...

And now, I could not convert in Mp3 :( ... Can you help me? thank you!

Ps. I love this software... it's simply amazing!

xoas
10-27-2004, 07:29 AM
Assuming you have the option displayed to convert your file to mp3, this problem may arise from the settings you have designated for the mp3 file you are trying to create and possibly how it compares to the file you are trying to convert to mp3.
What type of settings are you using for the mp3 files you are trying to create in terms of frequency, bitrate, number of channels and what are the formats and settings you are using for the file you are trying to create?

Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

Unregistered
10-27-2004, 08:16 AM
First of all, the conversion is to format Mp3 (Lame)... but I don't have installed the lame codec! This may be for the previous version of dbMconverter installed?
For the settings, I use the same channels and frequency of the source...

ChristinaS
10-27-2004, 08:40 AM
First of all, the conversion is to format Mp3 (Lame)... but I don't have installed the lame codec! This may be for the previous version of dbMconverter installed?
For the settings, I use the same channels and frequency of the source...
If it's the new version of dMC (R11) mp3 codecs have to be acquired using Powerpack.

Check dMC Configuration to see if they are installed and recognized.
All programs and codecs have to be installed to the same folder.

If all seems ok, uninstall all from Control pannel and re-download and re-install all programs and codecs.

xoas
10-27-2004, 08:41 AM
If you have installed the most recent beta version of dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC), the Beta r11 release candidate 1 (or one of the earlier versions of the r11 beta starting with beta 5 or so), you need to install the enclosed trial version of Power Pack on top of (or along with dMC). Or perhaps you have and the trial period has expired. In any case, this will be needed to be able to handle mp3 files due to the patent holder for mp3 requiring royalties for the use of mp3 technology within dMC and its associated programs (this has been happening with other similar programs aswell, not just with dMC).
If you think this might be the source of your problem, you might try installing the Power Pack beta (if it is separate, I haven't yet made this upgrade myself). Or if your trial Power Pack has expired, you might try registering it. Or you could try reinstalling dMC r10.1 (which has Lame built-in but lacks the MAD decoder) and see if that works for you.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

Wayne
10-27-2004, 08:44 AM
Can you give us a bit more information about the format of these files you are trying to convert? Which version of dMC are you using? It is the current beta version?

Earlier versions of dMC give this error because either the files being converted or the encoding options (bit rate etc.) are not support. The current beta version gives a more meaningful error message.

Wayne

andbia
10-27-2004, 09:04 AM
No, I don't use the Beta version! I've installed the dMC r10.1!
I've been unistalled all and reinstalled this version, and I've tried with different audio files (wma and wav), but nothing! I get allways the same message.
The encoding options (Frequency and Channels) are the same of original file ('as source').

ChristinaS
10-27-2004, 09:09 AM
No, I don't use the Beta version! I've installed the dMC r10.1!
I've been unistalled all and reinstalled this version, and I've tried with different audio files (wma and wav), but nothing! I get allways the same message.
The encoding options (Frequency and Channels) are the same of original file ('as source').
OK, the same, but what?

Did you try Test Conversion (no write) for your input file?

andbia
10-27-2004, 09:17 AM
OK! I've try to set the Channels and the frequency (respectively to 'Mono' and '4800') and... now It work! :thumbup:

thanks you very much guys!
and

P.s. So, ok but it may be caused by a bug?

ChristinaS
10-27-2004, 09:45 AM
OK! I've try to set the Channels and the frequency (respectively to 'Mono' and '4800') and... now It work! :thumbup:

thanks you very much guys!
and

P.s. So, ok but it may be caused by a bug?

Was that 48000Hz ? That's DVD quality. Hardly expect that to be associated with mono generally. Maybe it's a bug in that it does not point out that it doesn't understand the combo requested :D

andbia
10-27-2004, 09:53 AM
ok, it was just an experiment... It work well when I set manually the Frequency and the Channels (independently of my crazy choice, of course), but when I set 'as source' in both fields, it give me the error message!

ChristinaS
10-27-2004, 09:58 AM
ok, it was just an experiment... It work well when I set manually the Frequency and the Channels (independently of my crazy choice, of course), but when I set 'as source' in both fields, it give me the error message!
You intent on breaking dMC? :D

Personally I much prefer specifying those parameters just so I know where I'm standing.

But it may work well when you do a lot of conversions from like to like and don't want to fiddle with that every time, but probably only for more regular combos.

The thing is some combos just don't make all that much sense. They might be achievable, only not by shortcuts.

andbia
10-27-2004, 10:01 AM
... :blush: no, really...

:komisch9:

ChristinaS
10-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Good :D

Unregistered
11-01-2004, 10:53 PM
hi to anyone who can help ive puchased the registered version in 2003 and all i use is the conv to basically conv mp3 joint stereo to stereo ive had no prob ever since 3 weeks ago it wont do anything as soon as i press ok toconv the window shuts down & restart itself also im un able to do a complete alb at atime like i suse too ive dl the latest version still the same problem can anyone help pleasw eits serious cos ican;t use the prog even though ive paid for it a year ago much apreciate a response

ChristinaS
11-01-2004, 11:56 PM
hi to anyone who can help ive puchased the registered version in 2003 and all i use is the conv to basically conv mp3 joint stereo to stereo ive had no prob ever since 3 weeks ago it wont do anything as soon as i press ok toconv the window shuts down & restart itself also im un able to do a complete alb at atime like i suse too ive dl the latest version still the same problem can anyone help pleasw eits serious cos ican;t use the prog even though ive paid for it a year ago much apreciate a response
OK, take a breath now and then!

You'll have to be more explicit. Tell us the operating system you have, how much memory (ram), how much hard disk space is available, what you've changed in your computer's configuration since you last used dMC sucessfully. Please, no abbreviations, my head is spinning from trying to read your brand of shorthand and feel free to use the SpelChek button liberally :rolleyes: