PDA

View Full Version : cover art

neilh
10-22-2004, 04:55 PM
I understand that dbpoweramp does not preserve cover art when converting between formats. You've mentioned that there is lack of standards for storing cover art image data.

But even if there is no good standard, couldn't db give the option to pass through the meta data if its there? I know I'm oversimplifying this, but it is a shame that a conversion means the cover data is stripped.

A substantial number of music or htpc apps are able to display cover art when it is there, even from different formats, which suggests some sort of format is being practiced. I'm interested in setting up a pc with my stereo so that I can browse through my library on the tv. Meedio for example is a good program for this, which displays cover art for each album.

Spoon
10-24-2004, 08:55 AM
Album art is format dependant, in that WMA that contains cover art, if converted to mp3 would need the image converting also...m4a is different again.

Unregistered
10-24-2004, 11:01 AM
shoot. nevermind. That means dbpoweramp would have to have an image format conversion engine built into it. Why couldn't they all just use jpeg?

Unregistered
10-24-2004, 02:10 PM
why not just use a comment tag in the audio file that points to a location of the cover art image, either local or remote?

neilh
10-24-2004, 02:32 PM
But I would want it to work with Meedio or other software, so it would have to confine to existing standards.