PDA

View Full Version : dBpowerAMP Audio Player R2 Beta 7

Spoon
07-19-2002, 03:36 PM
The new major add-on I was blabbing about is 'dAP Keyboard Control', it allows all the functions of dAP to be controlled locally (when dAP has focus), or globally from any other application. See Start >> Programs >> dBpowerAMP >> Configuration >> Keyboard Control

If you have a keyboard with play etc, the Media button now shows dAPs select music files dialog, I think I will make it an option to either show this, or MMC.

There is a little surprise in PLaylist editor, or Previously Played.

Download:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpowerAMP-r2-beta7.exe

1.6MB

PS. If your keyboard button controls from the previous beta stop working, reinstall it (I think there is a slight problem with Spoon Installer and dll files in use)

==========================
Complete Changes:

Fully cusomizable key control (including control from other applications) of dAP - Start >> Programs >> dBpowerAMP >> Configuration >> Keyboard Control

Amp - Increased Popup info time for Amp Playing labels to 2 seconds
Amp - Open button sorts the list of files adding so they are played in order
Amp - can now pass filenames on command line to amp.exe and they will play

Added WM_APPCOMMAND which means those Play, Stop Pause buttons on your keyboard should work (Windows NT/2000/XP only)
MMC - Added a 'Selected Tracks' button at the top
MMC - New option (on track right click >> advanced) to 'Rewrite ID Tag, writes information held in dAP over the ID tag in files)
MMC - New option (on track right click >> advanced) to open explorer at the track location
MMC - Remembers column sizes
MMC - When creating a playlist for selected tracks - mouse is changed to hour glass
MMC - New Forum 'Music Collection >> Preferences'
MMC - Preferences - Option to switch off popup info tips
MMC - When add new music, the music is included/excluded to active play control
MMC - Column sorts like Windows Explorer
MMC - added smart 2nd sorting (click on Album to see in action) also an option to sort 2ndary on your choice
MMC - Column order can be set and columns switched off in Collection >> Preferences
MMC - if right click on track and has an album name - gives the option to PLAY ALBUM
MMC - When selective play is active, shows how many tracks are included in selective play
Amp - made the random selector, more random (Thanks dsieber)
MMC - If right click on a single track then shows 'View MusicMoz web page'
MMC - 'Refresh from Tag' also refreshs file info such as bitrate, size
MMC - if is already shown and click mmc on amp then switches to existing
MMC - when is clicked on AMP or Menu then does not remember the minimise setting
MMC - Displays selective play name at the top

Right Click on Folder >> Play/Enque - will now recurse and search sub-folders too if option on MMC Pref page is set
Playlist Editor - if drop a playlist on to the editor it is now edited
Playlist Editor - Displays artist in bold
Playlist Editor - Shows Hourglass when adding lots of tracks
Playlist Editor - Auto track number position routine improved

Previously Played - Artist now shown in bold

BUG Fix - If a skin is set to Top most and a sub skin wasn't, dAP will now display them
BUG Fix - If slide out the 'Mini On Screen Control' then close it, the slide out bit used to stay on the screen
BUG Fix - For MMC - right click 'Edit Tag' >> Details, now has a vertical scrollbar
BUG FIX - MMC - will now load after amp has exited (previously it would flicker on the screen and unload)
BUG FIX - MMC - Speeded up track list drawing, also fixed a drawing bug
Bug Fix - Stopped the 'New Track Lookup' whilst editing tags
Bug Fix - Popup InfoTip - for large playlists, only first 50 entries are looked at
Bug Fix - Playlist & Previously played, switched font to a multilingual one - also changed icons
bug fix - m3u Playlists in Unix style can now be edited
bug fix - hidden skin objects (Font, Image and Eq Positions) stopped the main window from dragging if clicked in them
Bug Fix - Tooltips no longer get in the way when a button is right at the top of the screen

Razgo
07-19-2002, 04:11 PM
thanks Spoon, this ones will take a while to test.

nice surprise in the "play list editor" too :D

there was one other thing maybe for the next ver? "loop" :p

totalXSive
08-02-2002, 10:21 AM
Don't know how long this bug (or feature?) has been around, but try this:

1. Play a song in dAP.
2. Close dAP during the song.
3. Re-open dAP.
4. Open Previously Played.

The song will have 2 entries. Keep on repeating it, and the song will have more entries.

Spoon
08-02-2002, 11:01 AM
It has always done that - after 5 seconds of playback it adds it to previous list - I guess for a resume play it should know not to.

nregitz
08-06-2002, 08:17 PM
After installing the lastest beta (Audio Player R2 Beta 7), The keyboard controls on my logitech wireless keyboard worked find. However, when I reboot it defaults back to controlling Musicmatch. I know that the keyboard controls for the logitech are built to support Musicmatch, but my question is, is there a way to reprogram these keys? I have searched through the options and can't find it, or at least, I do not see it. If anyone has any easy fix I would greatly appreciate it.

totalXSive
08-07-2002, 03:39 AM
In theory, the keys should control dBpowerAMP if it is running and MusicMatch isn't. But there should be a way to reconfigure them.

Have a look in Control Panel for some Logitech software that could reconfigure the keys, or if you have Windows XP, use Microsoft's TweakUI from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp .

nregitz
08-07-2002, 08:59 PM
I have check the control panel and the logitech program file. The only place I see to reconfigure the buttons is the .ini file in the folder. However, I'm not a programmer and do not know how to add a line for the Audio Player.

This is the format:
*{btn|key|msg|emg|cmd|wac},exeName,wndClass,wndCap tion,xxx,play_delayplay,pause,stop,prev,next,remov e_flags,ShowOSD,menu_item

There is an entry for all the supported players (i.e. Musicmatch, MSPlain, MSDeluxe, Sonic, Winamp, etc.)

Any suggestions are welcome.

Spoon
08-12-2002, 01:33 PM
If you can install 'Freak Controls' addon for dBpowerAMP - then you have programs that can be run for an action.

*{btn|key|msg|emg|cmd|wac},exeName,wndClass,wndCap
tion,xxx,play_delayplay,pause,stop,prev,next,remov
e_flags,ShowOSD,menu_item

You would need to specify exeName, not sure which btn|key|msg|emg|cmd|wac to use? possibly cmd.

Unregistered
08-14-2002, 10:30 AM
Try this, use the Keyboard Control config program to set these keys:

play X
pause C
stop V
prev Z
next B

Then add this line to the iTouch Config (C:\Program Files\LogiTech\ITouch\players.ini):

Put this in the [Players] section dBpowerAMP=key,amp.exe,dBpowerAMP Audio Player,xxx,xxx,X,C,V,Z,B,0,1,dBpowerAMP

Save the file and restart iTouch.

Also if you want dAP to start when pressing a key add:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Current Version]
"MediaPlayer"="C:\Program Files\illustrate\dBpowerAMP\amp.exe"

to the registry.

nregitz
08-15-2002, 09:23 PM
This works great. Thanks for the solution, I really appreciate it. :thumbup:

totalXSive
08-16-2002, 10:22 AM
Oh, another Neil. This'll get interesting :)

Spoon
08-27-2002, 04:32 PM
Replaced with Beta 8