PDA

View Full Version : How do I change filenames?

Unregistered
10-16-2004, 01:16 PM
How do I change filenames automatically from their ID tags?

Currently many of many filenames are so long (Artist - very long album name - song name) that FlashFXP refuses to ftp them over to my xbox.

Unregistered
10-16-2004, 01:18 PM
Sorry for mis-spelling above. Many of my audio files have been getting too long file names at point of conversion from CD, and I'd rather not rip them again.

xoas
10-16-2004, 01:29 PM
In the future you could do this by changing your dMC audio cd input file creation setting.
Open dMC Audio CD Input, click on options, click on File Creation, click on either the menu (which may be limited) ir the Set button to select and/or create a different file creation setting which will leave out the album information (if that is the source of the problem).
I'm not sure there is a handy way to change all your too long file names at once.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

ChristinaS
10-16-2004, 01:43 PM
What about the AF5 file rename program? http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=3981

It will probably need a bit of tinkering but I think it will achieve what you want to achieve in the end.

Of course that's in addition to fixing the naming convention you use in dMC Audio CD Input.