PDA

View Full Version : Help

giltrap
10-14-2004, 02:38 PM
When trying to convert. Message comes up CODEC REQUIRED TO DECOMPRESS

dyet
10-14-2004, 03:13 PM
What file format are you trying to convert?

giltrap
10-14-2004, 03:20 PM
Its a flac file

xoas
10-14-2004, 05:20 PM
If you are trying to convert a Flac file to another format:
Have you downloaded and installed the FLAC codec to the correct location?
You can download ether the current FLAC codec from Codec Central (there's a link at the top of this page) or there is a newer beta FLAC codec available from the beta forum. (If you have the old Flac codec installed you might try upgrading to the beta version to see if that will help).
If you have downloaded and installed the Flac codec, check your dMC Configuration window to make sure that the codec was installed in the correct location. You find dMC Configuration through Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Configuration>dMC Configuration. Make sure that it shows the FLAC codec as being installed. If it does not show, this would suggest that you might have installed it to the wrong location. In this case, uninstall the FLAC codec and reinstall it.
If dMC Configuration shows that the Flac codec is installed try doing a test conversion of a Flac file (same as a regular conversion but in the dBpowerAMP Music Converter window where you would select the file format you wish to convert to, select "Test Conversion").
If the test conversion succeeds, then the error may be in your settings for the format you are converting to. Try converting Flac to wav and then to your desired format and setting.
Please let us know what you find. Should none of these ideas work, please send us specifics about the settings (format, bits, bitrate, frequency channels) you are trying to convert to and the settings for the Flac file you are trying to convert. Tell us whether the Flac file can be test converted or not. If it can be test converted, tell us if you can convert it to wav. If the Flac file cannot be test converted please tell us whether you can play the file and anything you can tell us about the source of the file.

Good luck and best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

giltrap
10-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi Bill
Thanks for your swift reply.The music file i downloaded from easytree was a flac file i couldn,t convert it to wav.Then i noticed someone else had the same problem on the forum.The user Dyet suggested it could be two things.A bad download or the file has'nt completely downloaded.My problem was i wanting to hear what i had downloaded so far.It doesn't work that way.So i waited till it finished then converted it to wav, it didn't work then i converted it to MP3 LAME it works FANTASTIC.So to cut along story short.(WAIT TILL YOUR FILE DOWNLOADS THEN CONVERT IT TO MP3 LAME.
Yours Jim:)