PDA

View Full Version : music downloads

Richard West
10-06-2004, 02:18 PM
I did something that now gets all my music downloads to go stright to db music collection instead of the folder,(my sheared folder). This is the one I set up for my friends to go to. How do correct this? :blush:

ChristinaS
10-06-2004, 02:27 PM
I did something that now gets all my music downloads to go stright to db music collection instead of the folder,(my sheared folder). This is the one I set up for my friends to go to. How do correct this? :blush:
Do you mean downloads from places like Kazaa?

I Kazaa Lite, under Options>Traffic you can specify the proper folder for everything to go to.

Or is this not what you meant?

Richard West
10-14-2004, 08:44 PM
Hi!
Thank's for writing me. I'm sorry I'm so late to reply, but I was not sure of how to do so.
The answer is yes , but it goes stright to db instead.
How do I correct this?

Richard West
10-14-2004, 08:52 PM
Hi!
Christine, I wish to thank you for your response.
I'm sorry for being so late in answering you , I was not sure of how to do so.
The answer is yes ,but it still goes to db instead. How can I correct this?
Richard

ChristinaS
10-14-2004, 09:23 PM
Hi!
Christine, I wish to thank you for your response.
I'm sorry for being so late in answering you , I was not sure of how to do so.
The answer is yes ,but it still goes to db instead. How can I correct this?
Richard

What do you mean by db? is it dBpowerAMP?

Ok, what is the folder where the downloads go when you download from Kazaa? It should be called My Shared Folder.

If you find that this goes to dBpowerAMP, then you must have used the same folder in dBpowerAMP and probably set it there as a default folder.

xoas
10-14-2004, 11:14 PM
Unless you designate another setting, dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) will store ripped or converted tracks to a folder named Converted Music. Is this where your downloads are ending up? If so, you need to correct settings for your download program along the lines that Christina suggested above:

In Kazaa Lite, under Options>Traffic you can specify the proper folder for everything to go to.

If this is the problem there is no setting in dMC that can change this problem, the problem is with the filepath you specified for storing your downloads.

If your problem was with files ripped and converted ending up in the same folder as your downloaded files (My Shared Folder), then you WOULD want to change settings in your dMC where you designate the filepath for your ripped or converted files. If that turns out to be your problem and if you need help with that, please let us know.

Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen