PDA

View Full Version : WMA Settings

Unregistered
10-06-2004, 06:30 AM
Hi,

When converting to a WMA file in .vbs what parameters doi need to pass into

Call WmaSettings.Set ("256", "22050", 0, 1)

Are thet the same as for the MP3 codec, the above converted a 49KBps 44KHz, 1 channel, non vbr file which is basically wrong for every single parameter i passed in??

Any ideas anyone??

George

Spoon
10-06-2004, 02:58 PM
WMA settings have been removed for the latest dMC, they only work for WMA v4, hence they were removed.

Unregistered
10-10-2004, 08:34 PM
Hi Spoon,

Thanks for the response, does thta basically mean that scripting a wma conversion is not possible???

Thanks

Spoon
10-11-2004, 04:24 PM
It is, but you cannot change wma settings.

Splinty
12-06-2004, 04:54 AM
It is, but you cannot change wma settings.

Spoon, You've just lost $14 and one dMC user.

OK, I'm not about You will cry, but about my frustration concerning Your kill vital important features for me. I mean WMAsettings.

dMC DO KNOW how to convert WMA with different bitrates, WHY You don't support it in scripting?

It was so nice to encounter Your answer about WMAsetings, i could lost $14

Good luck.

Spoon
12-06-2004, 03:15 PM
Microsoft changed from WMA v8 onwards, from settings based to profile based - which does not lend its self to a Com object remote from the codec, that is why it was removed.

LtData
12-06-2004, 04:53 PM
If changing the settings only worked for v4, what's the big deal about removing it? If you would change the settings, you would lose the newer WMA stuff anyway. Spoon was trying to let you keep the new WMA settings.

I'd think it would take more than this to lose one dMC user. :(

Splinty
12-06-2004, 11:41 PM
Microsoft changed from WMA v8 onwards, from settings based to profile based - which does not lend its self to a Com object remote from the codec, that is why it was removed.
You are all right guys. Yes Spoon, i saw on MSDN profile based "news"

2Spoon
Spoon, would You explain the following.
I'm still working with dMc 11 b3 and it have WMAsettings and it works successfully, generating WMA with formats i'v set

Is it WMA v4? What is this? It seems to be a correct v8 or v9 (depending on pointed codec). Other software shows it... The matter is that i didn't understand Your reply about "normal work just a v4".

Spoon, WOULD U RETURN WMAsettings in shape of something obsolete, undocumented or something like that ? The matter i'd like to continue using dMC, but using "old and non featured" and so valuable for me WMAsettings...
I do need law bitrate!

2LtData
Look, LtData, i'm not about some absract "newer WMA stuff" i am about task that have value for me. I'll never use WMA for storing compressed music, but I need law bitrate for creating demo of big (15 000 files) music collection.
dMC is great but doesn't solve my task :(

LtData
12-07-2004, 02:08 PM
Sorry that my reply came across as mean.

If you want to keep the scripting, you can always keep the old version of dMC and use it.

Spoon
12-07-2004, 04:47 PM
It simply will not work with any WMA codec after v8, I cannot re add it.

Splinty
12-07-2004, 11:46 PM
It simply will not work with any WMA codec after v8, I cannot re add it.
Thank U Spoon. But i still can't understand why dMc 11 beta 3 can create WMA v9... Is this bug ? :D

Spoon
12-08-2004, 03:53 PM
dMC R11 full release can create WMA v9 - via COM, you just cannot change the settings for WMA outside of dmc.

Splinty
12-09-2004, 12:47 AM
dMC R11 full release can create WMA v9 - via COM, you just cannot change the settings for WMA outside of dmc.
Look, Spoon, i take into account, that You are heavely loaded by answering on multiply messages, and that You are clever guy, but may i suggest, that You think i'm idiot ? ;) Here You are the way:

1. dMC 11 beta 3 COM server successfully converts files into WMA 8, 9 with any settings.

2. You are deleting WMAsettings in dMC 11 release, saying that it can't support new WMA, just v4, saying also that "It simply will not work with any WMA codec after v8, I cannot re add it."

3. My conclusion: You have no wish to explain or You think i'm idiot. :p

Spoon
12-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Try this - install dMC R11 Beta 3, install WMA v8 or v9 try via com to change the wma settings (such as wma bit rate), try a convert - notice how your setting for wma has not taken effect in the conversion, that part has not worked since wma v4.

Splinty
12-10-2004, 01:44 AM
Try this - install dMC R11 Beta 3, install WMA v8 or v9 try via com to change the wma settings (such as wma bit rate), try a convert - notice how your setting for wma has not taken effect in the conversion, that part has not worked since wma v4.
I've just checked Your words. Just little correction.
You are right, that for v9 codec WMAsettings are ignoring
But for v8 codec dMC do create file with this settings.
Anyway we should close that topic.

I'decided to use ShellExecute (WM8EUTIL.EXE) from MS.
It works much faster (may be it depend on slow COM calls in dMC). Thank You for Your patience!