PDA

View Full Version : cant get aac to work only option is wav or mps

Unregistered
10-05-2004, 07:37 AM
Hi there

I downloaded db MC and the only options I have is MP3 (lame) or wav...whats going on?? I want to convert MP3s to plain .AAC files for my nokia 6230 phone.

I've looked for the AAC codec on codec central but cant see it. I tried nero 6 but this only converted it into an MP4 which wont play...can someone help??

Tom M

Unregistered
10-05-2004, 08:13 AM
Right I have the aac codecs (sure they werent there last trime I looked) but even so, all its doing is converting to LC AAC which is an MP4 extension. I need a plain AAC extension...how the hell can I get this??

Maybe someone who knows could put up a threead for all us nokia users??

Tom M

ChristinaS
10-05-2004, 08:49 AM
If only the extension bothers you, you can rename the file to have a new extension.

Make sure first that it is the right file type (i.e. encoded to the correct specifications), because simply renaming the extension won't change anything.

Did you look at the bottom of the codecs download page? http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-mp4.htm specifically at:

AAC Encoder ( ** Writes Only ** )

>> Install Mp4 & AAC Decoder also so tags can be written <<
Description: Psytel AAC Codec (ID Tags are written as Ape v2 Tags)
Download: AAC Codec 432 KB Release 4.1 ( AACEnc (328 KB) encoding option [install over top of Psytel AAC] )

AAC to Mp4 & Mp4 to AAC

Description AAC audio into, or from a Mp4 Container (without quality loss)

Download AAC >> Mp4 & Mp4 >> AAC Codec 347 KB
Notes
Install mp4 & aac decoder to ID preserve tags.
Requires Release 10 or higher of dBpowerAMP Music Converter.

Unregistered
10-05-2004, 01:17 PM
Converting either mp4, or m4a files to aac extensions with the converter above does not give me a file that QuickTime recognizes. It has an .aac extension, but QuickTime (therefore, J River Media Center) cannot play/tag/use it.

Any other ideas on how to get the files into an .aac format?

Spoon
10-05-2004, 03:35 PM
Rename your .mp4 file to .m4a (there is a codec in codec central that can rename, see bottom of the list in codec central).