PDA

View Full Version : mr

michael
09-21-2004, 07:29 AM
I wish I could even get to first base: I have installed the music converter. Two icons came up on my desktop. I understand you have to convert the track while it is being put onto the hard drive for the first time, or in other words, while the CD is still in the drive. I clicked on the icon. It asked me to locate the track. Up came the window that showed it was just about to convert, then nothing. It wont open the track and nothing else happens.
What havent I done. What buttons havent I pressed.
I simply want to convert a CD Audio track into a format that will go into a basic wav form that can be imported by my video editing software.

ChristinaS
09-21-2004, 11:46 AM
I wish I could even get to first base: I have installed the music converter. Two icons came up on my desktop. I understand you have to convert the track while it is being put onto the hard drive for the first time, or in other words, while the CD is still in the drive. I clicked on the icon. It asked me to locate the track. Up came the window that showed it was just about to convert, then nothing. It wont open the track and nothing else happens.
What havent I done. What buttons havent I pressed.
I simply want to convert a CD Audio track into a format that will go into a basic wav form that can be imported by my video editing software.
Go into Start > programs and locate dBpowerAMP. You should have a configuration folder there and inside that dMC Configuration. Click on it. You should see an area near the bottom of that window about WIndows Shell Integration. Make sure everything is checked there, especially Convert To on Explorer Right Click.

Then open your Windows Explorer, locate the drive that has your CD in it, clikc on the CD and it should display the list of all the tracks you want as Track01.cda .... . Right click on the track you want to rip & convert and select Convert to. This opens up the dMC window and you continue there selecting the file type you want to convert to, the bit rate, etc.

You can also do this for several tracks at the same time, by selecting those tracks you're interested in (in the usual WIndows Explorer fashio), right click and select Convert to ..... The rest is the same as for one single file.

Don't forget where you are storing the output (it cannot go to "same folder as original" since that's the cd, so you have to use the other option).
Your output files will be called Track01.wav, Track02.wav, etc, or according to the type of file you converted to.

If instead of plain dMC you use dMC Audio CD, you have a chance to create different file names for your ripped tracks, and if it's a commercial CD it may even get the information on the album and artist from the internet freedb database.

Spoon
09-22-2004, 07:48 AM
Yes, you are best using 'Audio CD Input'