PDA

View Full Version : Mark Forums Read

kweller
09-18-2004, 07:21 PM
I'm a bit puzzled as to what the point of this selection is as forums are marked read as soon as I exit the site (which I think is a bit unfortunate). To test this I visited the site after an absence of about 24 hours then immediately left. When I came back I clicked new posts and there were none. I then checked the forums and, of course, there had been new posts.

There are couple of sites I visit that use vBulletin. One is the same as this - one visit and everything is marked as read (www.wetpixel.com (http://www.wetpixel.com)) and the other only marks posts as read once they are either read or the mark forums read option has been selected (www.digitaldiver.net). IMHO the second of those is a much better configuration.

Razgo
09-18-2004, 07:37 PM
i haven't checked but from memory it's a cookie set for 900sec/s i think. then the forum is classed as read. many a discussion has been held at vbulletin.com about this issue. probably better to do a search there to see how it all works.

currently i think the only thing that can be changed so it's not marked as read so early is to change the default 900sec/s , and as long as you keep the cookie from here it should work.