PDA

View Full Version : problem with hdd 060

Unregistered
09-18-2004, 01:15 AM
since it says "all that does not fit anywhere else" on the topic description...

i have a problem with my hdd 060, i went out looking for a replacement of dmm, i found it in sveta, installed the drivers, copied one or two songs to see if it works, it does. so i decide to clean out the entire hdd to fill it with a completely new set of songs. i decide to do this with dmm one last time. so i think i did clean it, turns out that both dmm and sveta tell me i have only 17 % out of 1.5 gb left to use!!! it really states that i'm currently using 1.12 GB, but i do NOT have any songs on the hdd right now, nor are there any files on it that i can see.

anyone have an idea as to what this might be??? and how to fix it?

Brazen
09-18-2004, 01:17 AM
that's my post just now i decided to register here since i'm using the program and will probably stick around for a while.

oh yeah, what's interesting too is that the hdd itself says it's got 729 free mb when there's no music on it....

Unregistered
09-18-2004, 02:30 AM
after fiddling around trying to figure it out i'm even more lost. i've used sveta to format the entire thing, it says "done" in about 0.00002 secs after you click the button, but it still keeps saying 200.56 mb free (14%)

help? anyone?

Brazen
09-18-2004, 02:32 AM
forgot to log in... sorry

Brazen
09-18-2004, 02:38 AM
after even more fiddling around i think i got the problem fixed after, i formatted it again through the my dekstop menu, hope it works now

Spoon
09-18-2004, 06:00 AM
If doing a full format (make sure it was a FAT32 format, not ntfs as in windows xp), you will need to re-run dmm to add back the correct files.