PDA

View Full Version : music file

reichardt
09-17-2004, 09:28 AM
I had an old computer back in 2002. I just bought a new computer and decided to put a new dBpower amp player and other dB programs on the new system. The old dB had its own music file for the program. I cant find it on the new one. Am I just not understanding it or am I supposed to use the music file in my documents.

Razgo
09-17-2004, 09:48 AM
are you talking about MMC? (my music collection)

good question though as i remember it used to create it's own music folder called "dbmusic" by default. i haven't seen this since being on XP.

anyhow just start up "my music collection" start-->program files-->dbpoweramp-->my music collection

and then select from the drop down menu top left "new track look out". there you can add folders or single music file to your collection from anywhere. in this case the music files stay where they are and played from there.

but if you select "new track preferences" you have an option to have all files selected/added to your music collection database to be moved to a folder you specify. but be carefull as it does exactly that.

i once scanned my c drive for audio files with that option turned on and it moved all my window sound files and game sound file located in game directory's :) so be carefull when using that option. but it does work well when you are want to get all your music together in one spot.

xoas
09-17-2004, 10:02 AM
I believe that dMC (dBpowerAMP Music Converter) will, by default, create and rip to a folder called "Converted Music" although you could rip to some other folder (XP has a My Music folder, for example). But MMC and dAP (the Audio Player) can accept files from any folder on the computer (either separately or by folder). So there is no problem using the music folder in My Documents, you just need to keep in mind when you are ripping tracks to specify the correct file path for your converted files.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

reichardt
09-17-2004, 10:50 AM
Thank you for the response. I like the idea of having all my music on an external drive. So I keep coming back to the one folder for all music theory.

Razgo
09-17-2004, 11:28 AM
ok so you are using a network to access the xternal drive? it's just that i do the same on a wi-fi network. i keep my music on a PC in another room and play them from my notebook in the lounge room.

reichardt
09-17-2004, 11:35 AM
Yes, But its a firewire Seagate hard drive off of the main computer. I do have a wireless network. A Linksys WCG200, built in modem. I just dont like music files all over the main drive in different folders from different document files.

xoas
09-17-2004, 12:58 PM
The number of folders is not a problem. I have reasons for using multiple folders but there is no problem with just using a master folder with dMC. Once you specify your folder for your converted files (My Music if that's what you want to use) dMC will remember that location for your next rips unless you should change it.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen