PDA

View Full Version : Replacing files in Files Selector

Lessthanzero
09-09-2004, 10:34 PM
First off, I just discovered dBpowerAMP and I love it ! ! !

I am currently trying to convert my very large WMA music selection to MP3 so they will play in my iPod. (Should have bought the mp3 add-on to the media player before I ripped my CD collection.)

I made a copy of the folder containing all my music and used File selector to converet everything in it, choosing the delete source file option.

I am in the middle of the conversion right now, and for the already converted folders/albums, the original files have been deleted. However the they are not replaced with MP3s. Instead there is a new folder inside each album folder. This new folder mimics the entire tree structure of my conversion.

For instance: I am converting the folder Music which has a folder inside it called The Cure which again holds the album folder Staring at the Sea. Inside this last folder were the WMA files. Now instead it holds a new folder called Music, holding a folder called the Cure, holding a folder called Staring at the Sea which has the mp3 files in it. This effectively doubles the amount of folders I have. It looks like this:

Music
-> The Cure
--> Staring at the Sea
---> Music
----> The Cure
-----> Staring at the Sea
-------> converted MP3 files

Is this only because I am in the middle of a conversion and the second set will be nested back into the original hierachy, or did I just screw up?

Spoon
09-10-2004, 07:54 AM
The option to Perserve path in fileselector conflicts with 'Same Location as Original', the latest dMC will warn about the conflict.

Convert them anyhwere then visit codec central and get the 'Arrange Music' codec and re arrange the files.

Unregistered
09-10-2004, 08:37 AM
So I should just stop the conversion I currently have going then.

'Arrange Music' codec what does the 'Arrange Music' codec do?

xoas
09-10-2004, 09:08 AM
It arranges audio files based on ID tags.

Unregistered
09-10-2004, 02:21 PM
thanks all. I unclicked "preserve path" and did over.