PDA

View Full Version : DMC lost "convert to" menu

adavidw
09-08-2004, 07:33 PM
I just installed DMC beta 5a, and now I have no "convert to" menu on right-click. I checked and unchecked it a few times in the configuration, but still no go. Is this a known problem with the beta?

-Aaron

Wayne
09-08-2004, 09:20 PM
Have you check your file associations?

Wayne

xoas
09-08-2004, 09:31 PM
Well we have had another user who posted the same problem, if that is any consolation.

If you have not already done so, can you go to dMC Configuration (Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Configuration>dMC Configuration) and make sure the box that says "'Convert to' on Explorer Right Click" is checked?

If you have done that then you might want to check out the dMC Support site regarding this issue here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc-support.htm

Following that you might want to check out the other thread on this topic here:
http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5606 (unfortunately we have not heard whether this user's problems have been resolved).

Keep us posted on how you make out.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

adavidw
09-08-2004, 09:44 PM
The file associations are the same as they've ever been. The "convert to" menu item was there earlier this evening when I used it to convert a batch of files. The only thing that changed was that I installed the new beta 5a. After restarting, it wasn't there anymore.

I've gone into the configuration to confirm that the checkbox is checked. I've unchecked the check box, exited the configuration, and the re-entered the configuration to check it again. None of this had any result. Any other ideas?

-Aaron

xoas
09-08-2004, 10:33 PM
At this point only the ideas in the two threads.
But I'll give it some more thought later today. Spoon might be able to confirm whether there might be a problem with the beta. It might help if you could tell us what Windows version you are running. And perhaps another user might have some suggestions.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

adavidw
09-08-2004, 10:46 PM
It's XP with SP2 if that helps. Unless anyone else has any other ideas, I'm going to uninstall anything DMC related later today, and try again to see what I get.

JVILLAS
09-09-2004, 07:13 AM
Hi, I have XPsp2, and have 5a installed and everything here is working fine. I am not using PowerPack.

JRSellers
09-09-2004, 08:01 AM
Spoon might be able to confirm whether there might be a problem with the beta.

I have dMC release 10.1, and I have the same problem. "'Convert To' on Explorer Right Click" is checked, but it seems to randomly dissappear.

Spoon
09-09-2004, 08:15 AM
I know someone once posted that other converter programs can remove it and stop it appearing.

Try right clicking on other files, such as Wave files, do they have the Convert To?

adavidw
09-09-2004, 08:40 PM
The "convert to" wasn't on any of the audio formats.

I completely uninstalled anything remotely related to dbpoweramp, and started again with a fresh install of DMC r11 beta 5a. Now the "convert to" option is back.

On the one hand, I'm happy that it works, but on the other, I would have liked to figure out exactly what caused the problem so as to make it reproducible, and thus fixable.

-Aaron

Unregistered
09-10-2004, 03:14 PM
i've had this same problem as well, with xp sp1 and sp2, and dmc r5a and a previous version or two. i uninstalled dmc and reinstalled and all was fine again.