PDA

View Full Version : scratchy noises in background when recording

predaking
09-03-2004, 07:11 AM
I have been using DBPoweramp for a year and it has been wonderful. I use it to convert old live tapes of bands to CD. In the past few days I have had this staticy noise in the background when I play back a recording after i record it to my HD. I tried a new Y cable and that didn't work, so then I tried another tape deck and that didn't work either. What am i missing here???

xoas
09-04-2004, 12:05 PM
Have you checked your sound card controls to make sure that your line in is the only active input source while you are recording?
Could your input be set too high (property of your tapedeck or stereo output, soundcard volume level and Auxilary Input recording level)?

Those seem like possible explanations for this problem.
Other users may be able to offer some other suggestions.
Keep us posted.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

predaking138
09-04-2004, 12:22 PM
I tried it on another computer in the house and it works fine now. So maybe it was my output in the back of my computer???

xoas
09-04-2004, 12:29 PM
You mean you tried playing the file recorded on the first computer on the second and it souned OK?
That could be your output. In that case I would think that any audio file played on the first computer might have the same hiss.
Anyway, it sounds like you are well on your way to resolving your problem.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

ChristinaS
09-04-2004, 12:47 PM
Have you checked your sound card controls to make sure that your line in is the only active input source while you are recording?
Could your input be set too high (property of your tapedeck or stereo output, soundcard volume level and Auxilary Input recording level)?

Those seem like possible explanations for this problem.
Other users may be able to offer some other suggestions.
Keep us posted.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen
Yes, defintely the original input volume in Volume control must have been too high. It should be around 3/4 way up. You can also use the Test recording levels button and see at what level it doesn't go into the red zone.