PDA

View Full Version : An Easy Question????

Unregistered
09-02-2004, 09:26 AM
How do I get ID tags to show on MP3 once I've ripped the song from a CD?

xoas
09-02-2004, 12:58 PM
How do I get ID tags to show on MP3 once I've ripped the song from a CD?
Let's assume you have ripped these cd's from dMC (dBpowerAMP Music Converter) through dMC audio input and that before you ripped you downloaded the track information from the Freedb database.
Then you can access tag information from an mp3 file by hovering your mouse over the mp3 file (if you have popup info tips in explorer enabled-in dMC Configuration),
or you can right click on your mp3 file and choose either "edit tag" or "properties" from the menu and see the tag information from there.

Is this what you're looking for? (If not, please let us know).
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

Unregistered
09-02-2004, 11:24 PM
freedb.org?
How do I download from that site?
I found the CD that I want to rip through a search, but how do I incorporate that info into my MP3's?

example of what I see is at:

http://www.freedb.org/freedb_search_fmt.php?cat=jazz&id=e70d7712

OK, a check:
Step 1: Download tag info from freedb.org, (once I figure that out.)
Step 2: Rip with dBpowerAMP Music Converter, (the basic program.)
Done???

xoas
09-03-2004, 03:25 AM
In dMC Audio CD Input there is a button on the top row of buttons to automatically connect with Freedb the only trick being that you need to be connected to the internet. The alternative is to enter by hand information such as Artist, album, year, genre, and track titles.

Be sure that the track information is accurate before you push the Rip button. While I have found the Freedb database to be reliable in my rips there are reports of very erroneous information being given from the Freecd database in some cases, often involving cd's put out by smaller independent companies.

dMC has loads of information for Newbies in the Online Folder (go Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Help and then look at the sections which attract your interest which should include dBpowerAMP Music Converter Help and dBpowerAMP Audio CD Input Help).

Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

Unregistered
09-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Perfect!!
Easy!!!
Ooooo' how nice!

I didn't think to download "dMC Audio CD", until you just told me; actually I didn't know that it even existed.

The two programs "dMC Audio CD" + "dBpowerAMP Music Converter" make it very easy to put all of my CD's onto my MP3 player with song titles, track length etc..

With three clicks in "dMC Audio CD":
(Rip,)
and then,
(Rip with options,)
then,
(OK)
I got my CD into a new folder, converted to MP3, with all tag files.

Maybe you can change the title of this post to: "How do I get ID tags to show on MP3 files once I've ripped the songs from a CD?"

It may help other newbeez like me.

Thank You
Scott