PDA

View Full Version : Installed Registered version, now codec can't open

CherF
09-01-2004, 12:07 AM
Hi there...
I do alot of compressed MP3s for Palace, I was using the right click function of the dbmc, and selecting the convert to wav function...

Now since I installed the registered version of the ripper, when I try to compress the mp3s to wavs, it says can't open the codec.

What have i done wrong?

Cher

ChristinaS
09-01-2004, 12:29 AM
Hi there...
I do alot of compressed MP3s for Palace, I was using the right click function of the dbmc, and selecting the convert to wav function...

Now since I installed the registered version of the ripper, when I try to compress the mp3s to wavs, it says can't open the codec.

What have i done wrong?

Cher
Have you installed to different folder by accident? All componenets have to be in the same folder.

The codecs for regular mp3 (Lame) and wav are all included with the basic dMC installation already.

Are your mp3 files just regular mp3's or are they in one of the special flavors (e.g. mp3pro)?

If so, you may try to install some or all of the other mp3 codecs from Codec Central - just look for them on that page.

CherF
09-01-2004, 12:37 AM
I just double checked, and everything is in the one folder. the error message I get is:
The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\Documents and Settings\....mp3' could not be opened.

ChristinaS
09-01-2004, 01:01 AM
I just double checked, and everything is in the one folder. the error message I get is:
The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\Documents and Settings\....mp3' could not be opened.
I have found that if I uninstall everything from Control panel and reinstall everything from scratch it resolves a lot of issues, especially if there are version issues.

Does that happen for all mp3 files you are trying to convert or just some of them? They may be copy-protected.

Can you tell what bit rate and other specifics you can find about such a mp3 file that you cannot convert? Can you play it in any media player?

Is it a true mp3 file or is it soemthing that's been renamed with a different extension? if it is very small (1-2k) it may be originally an m3u (i.e. the meta file).

Spoon
09-01-2004, 06:39 AM
Try creating an mp3 file with dBpowerAMP, then try to convert that one to wav.