PDA

View Full Version : new beta cannot open mpgs?

kestrel
08-23-2004, 10:31 AM
Hello,

I just downloaded the new beta version today, and I cannot open any mpg file. Before, I could convert mpgs to mp3, but the resulting files played too fast, though the pitch oddly did not change. Now after installing the beta and rebooting, I get "error whilst converting, the file cannot be opened" or some similar message. I checked codec central, but the mpg codec is supposed to be built in? I cannot figure out what other codec to install or what to do. Can someone please help me? I'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you,

-Emily

-I also want to add that I have tried with many different mpg files, so I know I am not getting this error because the files are corrupted or anything. I can convert these files with other programs, make them into vcds, etc.
I just discovered another problem as well...I downloaded the vcd .dat format codec and converted some dat files but they play in fast speed just like the mpg to mp3 conversions did in the old dbpoweramp.

xoas
08-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Are you talking about dMC (dBpowerAMP Music Converter) r11 beta or the dAP (dBpowerAMP Audio Player) r3 beta? Can you tell us about the qualities of your mpg files (bitrate, frequency, channels)?
With respect to your problem with the .dat files, I notice that the vcd codec encodes (writes) .dat files. Try dowloading and installing the TooLame codec which is identified as being the companion codec for decoding (or reading) thosse .dat files.

Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

Spoon
08-24-2004, 08:18 AM
The new R11 will decode .mpg files but .dat files were removed, for these use the BWFWave / Mp3 decoder from codec central.

kestrel
08-24-2004, 11:57 AM
Thank you both for your replies. I am using the dBpowerAMP music converter 11 beta4, still have not had luck converting mpgs. The mpgs I speak of in different formats...most are 1150 / 1152 kbps, 29.97 fps, 44KHz stereo/joint stereo, 192 or 224Kbps layer II. I haven't dled the dat codec yet but will let you know if it works. The odd thing is, I tried a video converter I have called "VirtualDub" and it successfully converted both mpgs and dats to wav with correct speed, and I could then convert those to mp3 using dBpowerAMP, but I would prefer to use one program (dBp) to convert directly to mp3.

xoas
08-24-2004, 12:12 PM
I haven't dled the dat codec yet but will let you know if it works

Try the BWFWave decoder first. Spoon is the author of most all that is dBpowerAMP and he is not called "Da Man" for nothing!

Do let us know how you get on.
Bill Mikkelsen

sciedent
09-27-2004, 08:18 AM
Hello,

I just downloaded the new beta version today, and I cannot open any mpg file. Before, I could convert mpgs to mp3, but the resulting files played too fast, though the pitch oddly did not change. Now after installing the beta and rebooting, I get "error whilst converting, the file cannot be opened" or some similar message. I checked codec central, but the mpg codec is supposed to be built in? I cannot figure out what other codec to install or what to do. Can someone please help me? I'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you,

-Emily

-I also want to add that I have tried with many different mpg files, so I know I am not getting this error because the files are corrupted or anything. I can convert these files with other programs, make them into vcds, etc.
I just discovered another problem as well...I downloaded the vcd .dat format codec and converted some dat files but they play in fast speed just like the mpg to mp3 conversions did in the old dbpoweramp.