PDA

View Full Version : HDD firmware update...

KGB
08-21-2004, 05:18 AM
Hello Spoon,

Phillips updated the firmware to 3.1 of the HDD060, so my question.

Have you planned to add the possibility to update the firmware of the HDD 060 and is family in a future version of your software ?

Because, after a test it seem's that you need only to transfer the FWimage.ebn file to the player and put it in \_system\firmware\ and then to unplug the usb and voilą. ;)
The HDD060 update is firmware.

Unknown for the Encrypted_FWImage_HDD060_3.1.ebn file, i have not tested,so far...

Update: The Encrypted_FWImage_HDD060_3.1.ebn file is CRC encrypted.
Why ? :cool:
Seem's that no good for the future...

Cheers,

Spoon
08-22-2004, 08:20 AM
I had a look at it, but I really didn't want to mess with firmware updating (and the possible problems it could cause). At least DMM has one use :)

zagadka
10-12-2004, 03:47 PM
Hello

Would be cool to make a new firmaware...
Has someone looked at it ?

Smurf
11-18-2004, 10:09 AM
I had a look at it, but I really didn't want to mess with firmware updating (and the possible problems it could cause). At least DMM has one use :)

Spoon,

The problem is... Philips Media Manager refuses to "see" my HDD070, so I can't install the latest firmware with PMM. It would be great if Sveta could do it.

Andy

Unregistered
11-18-2004, 11:07 PM
Is there anyway to develop my own firmware? I own a hdd070 and the interface isnt exactly to my liking. The menus are a little slow and over all it feels a little lagged. I absolutely HATE the dmm, i'm going to develop my own transfer program (maybe a winamp plugin?). I need a new challenge and developing firmware sounds like a good project to me.

emerald
01-24-2005, 05:43 PM
I second this wish for customized firmware for the HDD 120/00....
would like to have an autopause function (stop playing after each track) and constant backlight when connected to charger.....