PDA

View Full Version : Beta vs registered?

savagcl
08-19-2004, 11:03 AM
Will a Beta install (of whatever) mess up the registered version?

Kinda new to this sound/audio stuff.

thanks,
savagcl

OldCoder
08-19-2004, 01:48 PM
This isn't an issue of "audio stuff", it's just thenway Spoon has created these programs.

The registration causes different behavior in some of the programs, and these differences are *not* changed with the beta versions - capabilities added by registration are continued when you upgrade with beta versions.

Likewise, abilities that are based on registration are not available in the beta versions either.

It may be a little confusing due to recent "rule" changes forced on Spoon due to MP3 license issues (see other posts on this), but the registration is, to quote Martha Stewart, "a good thing".

Spoon may be offering the "best deal" in audio software as far as I know. Nothing else I have seen comes close to this suite of programs.
And Spoon improves them quite often...the gap grows wider......

savagcl
08-20-2004, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the reply.

Dont take my "audio stuff" as demeaning in any way. It just shows my level of knowledge about how this particular area of sound engineering works (very limited, as in newbi). I've worked in the computer field for over 30 years but never had the opportunity to explore the audio field before. Until i retired, that is.

Appreciate the information and i agree, these are the best programs for this subject i've found on the web, clean, easy and fairly straight-forward. Great for the entry level up to and including the advanced users. Looking forward to all the enhancements.

Thanks again,
savagcl

Razgo
08-22-2004, 09:19 AM
also good to note you are fairly safe using the beta's as they rarely have any serious bugs.