PDA

View Full Version : is there auxiliary input without going through microphone or cd player?

brandon_r87
08-14-2004, 08:41 AM
i want to convert encrypted wma files into mp3 files but in aux input the only way i can do is through my microphone which causes lots of background noise and its low quality. is there a way i can do so i don't get all that crap?

ChristinaS
08-14-2004, 10:56 AM
i want to convert encrypted wma files into mp3 files but in aux input the only way i can do is through my microphone which causes lots of background noise and its low quality. is there a way i can do so i don't get all that crap?
Take a look at your Volume control (reight-click on the Volume icon in your task bar). In Options, select Recording option (make sure all the different sources are checked there) and then OK. You will now be looking at Recording controls. You will see what has been enabled as input. In your case the mcirophone or the CD player must have been enabled. Uncheck all of those and check instead only Stereo Mix ,or Wave or something similar (the name actually depends on your sound card and control program).

Just remember next time you're using voice chat to re-enable recording through mic :smile2: